1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Antares ATG-6 Autotune for guitar

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by TEMAS, May 17, 2011.

1. TEMAS

TEMAS Member

2. james...

james... Member

Cue every TGPer alive coming in and crying tone loss.

(and sadly I'm one of them)

3. treeofpain

treeofpain Silver Supporting Member

Roland did this with the VG-8 fifteen years ago. You had to have a hex pickup installed. Maybe Antares has figured out how to do it with a regular mono input, sort of a TC Polytune on steroids?

4. dspellman

dspellman Senior Member

Jimmy Page sometimes played a duplicate note on another string that was slightly off tune from the primary. One of the things that gave his playing a bit of punch. Santana liked to ease into a note that way as well. I guess it depends on how quickly this thing decides if you're trying to do a vibrato, a bit of "sliding" into a pitch or even intentionally running a few cents high. I think we sort of have things that will do autotune guitar, don't we? Keyboards.

5. bdam123

bdam123 Member

I'm involved pretty extensively in music production and use autotune and melodyne quite a bit. I think they're great for tightening up some pitchy vocal performances but is there such a thing as a pitchy guitar player? I mean the notes are located in little rectangles that you put your fingers on.

To be honest **** is starting to get out of hand. I see a very sad and plastic future for musicians to come. I'm glad i still can sit in front of real live people and play a song.

6. tvegas99

tvegas99 Silver Supporting Member