Anti-GAS Tri-fecta Poll: The longest you've gone NOT buying, selling or trading gear?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by DGTCrazy, Apr 1, 2014.

What's the longest period of time you' gone without Buying, Selling and Trading gear?

1. 30 days or less

2. Between 30 - 90 days

3. Between 90 - 180 days

4. Between 6-9 Months

5. Between 9-12 Months

6. Over 1 year or more

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. DGTCrazy

DGTCrazy Mod Squad Staff Member

Well, when you finally decide to pull the trigger, you go big!!! Congrats:)

2. texstrat

texstrat Member

Haha.
    For that few years I got away from my core and was playing Les Paul’s and Carr Amps. I’ve always been a Strat guy and loved Two Rock back in the day, so I went back to my roots. Could not be happier!

DGTCrazy likes this.
  3. DGTCrazy

4. texstrat

texstrat Member

Awesome! Here is my Strat and Bloomfield:

5. DGTCrazy

6. Chops

Chops Gold Supporting Member

I hadn’t bought anything other than expendables (picks and strings) in about three years but bought a Wah-Wah pedal this year.

7. williamsnrb

williamsnrb Member

Aaaaaaaand.....6 months after writing this post, I traded my board for a Helix. Lol

8. EllenGtrGrl63

EllenGtrGrl63 Member

I've had a few times since 2014, where I've gone more than a year without buying or selling gear. Amps - I usually hang onto them, once I find I'm happy with them, and I don't have the space for multiple guitar amps (my Fishman Loudbox Charge I use for the church band is the exception, due to its small size).

Guitars - ever since I was diagnosed back in 2014 with a severe allergy to nickel, and a major allergy to chromium, I've thought long and hard about buying and selling guitars, before I've done the deeds. Why? Flipping guitars would put me in the poor house from the cost of refretting them ($350-$400 per guitar, and remember, almost all guitars have nickel alloy frets). This also means that the days of buying cheap thrills guitars is pretty much over with for me - I can't economically justify spending as much to refret a guitar, as it cost for me to buy it. It would have to be a pretty special guitar.

Ellen

9. Diagoras18

Diagoras18 Supporting Member

It’s so hard to resist at times but my philosophy lately has been if I still want it in 6 months then I’ll get it...helps with the urges haha

10. SeanLaurent

SeanLaurent Member

I went far longer than a year..
    I had a J45 and a Little Martin for a long time.. I realised I wasn't playing my J45 because it was very easy to just pick up the LX1E.

So I sold it and bought an Mx-5 Na (car), which I sold a couple of months later, and bought a Lowden which I traded a week or so later and got a 60s Original Series Strat and a Pro Junior.. I still haven't quite made up the lost time of trading.