Any 12 string enthusiasts about? Let's see 'em!

Jayyj

Silver Supporting Member
I've been giving this one a bit of a clean up and a fresh set of strings today - it's a 1969 Guild F-212. I've had it for years and it's one of those guitars I can go ages without playing it, pick it up wondering why I keep it around then get lost in big jangly chords for the rest of the afternoon. I think it needs an electric 12 for company...

Any other 12 string enthusiasts out there?

nmiller

Drowning in lap steels
For something totally different, it's... oh, it's another Guild.

FullFront.JPG

Anje

Silver Supporting Member
That Guild acoustic looks wonderful Jayyj; a nice 12 string has been on my wish list for a long time, may need to go for it one of these days!

Shreve

Katzenjammer Kid
Platinum Supporting Member
I had a Martin D-12-20 from late sixties. Beautiful instrument, but I had trouble tuning. Looking back, should've taken it to a tech for a once over. Sticking with 6 strings for now.

Reactions: kev

frickengruvin

Gold Supporting Member
I have two 12 stringers....I inherited a '64 Framus 12 string from cousin....no, not the Hootenanny, but plays and sound great nevertheless...I also inherited his '64 Rickenbacker RM1997. I am in process of commissioning a friend of building a 12 string that is set up the same as the '64 RM, so ultimately I will sell the Rickenbacker 12 string

lawrencedesigns

Silver Supporting Member
12String_zps2f8df62a.jpg
Jayyj
I had the same 12 string. My parents bought me a new F-212 for Xmas in 1965. Like an idiot I sold it on a whim somewhere in the 90's. I recently bought a new Guild 2512E. It's a nice guitar...but just not the same...nowhere near the class of the F-212!

veinbuster

I bought a Taylor jumbo over 15 years ago mostly to play Christmas music on.
CK_034Taylor12Body.JPG

I liked it well enough until I got a 9 string, which is far easier to play and gives me most of what I'm looking for from a 12.
CK_077NineStringRosette.JPG

DeSolo

Gold Supporting Member

Here's my '79 D-35 alongside a 'rescued' D-212 from 1981. Had to de-mold the 12 string which hadn't been out of the case in decades, and replace the shrunken plastic bridge.

Dhango

I've been giving this one a bit of a clean up and a fresh set of strings today - it's a 1969 Guild F-212. I've had it for years and it's one of those guitars I can go ages without playing it, pick it up wondering why I keep it around then get lost in big jangly chords for the rest of the afternoon. I think it needs an electric 12 for company...

Any other 12 string enthusiasts out there?

¿What about this one?
588bbb2bf1abbc082878a8c7_aw12_3TB_main-p-1080x.png

Trending Topics

Top Bottom