1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Any AXE FX Gigging Guitarists Performing N. Dallas Area?

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by MJ Slaughter, May 16, 2011.

1. MJ Slaughter

MJ Slaughter Member

If you are a guitarist using an AXE FX for amp modeling, not just effects, and perform in the Dallas area please give me a link to your web site with schedule. I'd like to hear one of these live from a spectator's perspective.

2. tedge

tedge Member

You missed me by a week.... I played House Of Blues last week. Since it was a fly date. we used their amps and drums. The amp didn;t get miced. It was just for stage noise. The Axe Fx did everything that was actually audible.

3. dk_ace

dk_ace Member

I play in Deep Ellum and McKinney occasionally, but nothing is scheduled in the near future as I'm taking a break from that stuff. I play north of you around Sherman all the time now doing various church things. I use the Axe-FX for virtually everything.

I lived in McKinney for several years and loved it there. Life is a little crazy for me right now, but we might be able to hook up sometime if you want to check an Axe-FX out.

D

PS I see you play PRS and Mesa, so I'm sure you're familiar with the Guitar Sanctuary at Virginia and Stonebridge. Just in case you aren't, you need to go check it out...

4. dk_ace

dk_ace Member

I've been looking for an excuse to catch a show at the House of Blues. I wish I would have known you were playing there.

D

5. Jay Mitchell

Jay Mitchell Member

My trio, Murphy's In-Laws, is playing this coming Saturday night at Ziggy's Tavern (formerly The Upper Deck) at 1403 E Campbell Road (Campbell at Plano) in Richardson from 8-12. We're a pretty eclectic group, and we do covers from the 1940s onward. I play a Standard/FRFR in a W/D/W configuration. Come out and say "hi" if you get a chance.

6. MJ Slaughter

MJ Slaughter Member

Thanks for the response guys. I haven't been to the House of Blues yet either and would have liked to check you guys out there tedge. dk ace, I like in McKinney and know all too well the Guitar Sanctuary. A lot of nice stuff there. Wish my pocket book was larger! I'm waiting for the Mesa Royal Atlantic to come out so I can try it out there. The owner is either married or attached to Maylee Thomas, plays in her band and I believe is a commercial real estate developer in the area. It would be nice to be a wealthy musician and just make yourself and high-end music store in your neighborhood. I play in the Sherman/Denison area occasionally too. Loose Wheels and T-Bones. Great BBQ at both places and they feed the band and give us a tab.

Jay, I'm not gigging that night, took it off for the Wildflower fest, and since I'll be practically across the street from you I have no excuse not to show. Sounds like a good time. I've got the family with me but if they're not too worn out I will definitely stop by.

7. dk_ace

dk_ace Member

Wow it really is a small world. Yeah you need deep pockets to shop at the sanctuary, but it's still a cool place just to go look around. George and Maylee are married. Besides all the business stuff he has going for him, he's a helluva guitar player. I've played with them quite a few times.

Jay, I'm playing in Sherman Saturday, otherwise I would definately be driving down to check out your show.

D