• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

any big artist that you know of play partscaster?

Brantleycoker

lets see if anyone knows of anybody big that uses partscasters, im not positive but i think the last time i saw thrice they had 3 parts teles and all sounded INCREDIBLE. does anyone know of anyone?

Dave Orban

Platinum Supporting Member
I'd wager that more than a couple guys out there play parts guitars that are decaled-up to look like "real" Fenders...

fretless

Silver Supporting Member
Forget his name, but the guy from Indeginous has his tech make his Strats out of MIM standard bodies, MIM 60's Classic necks and Texas specials pups. They work for him, and his tone is great, so thats ok by me.

le_plastique

A certain Edward V. Halen, if I'm not mistaken? Also, was Roy Buchanan's Nancy a mess of parts? I know it at least had a stratocaster neck pickup at some point.

buddastrat

Doesn't the guy from Los lonely boys play USA reissue necks on MIM bodies or something like that?

Some guy named EVH (when he was cool) used to.

When you think about it, every Fender is just a parts guitar. Just happened to be the parts that some guy decided would go together that day.

You could argue that Clapton's Blackie was a parts-o-caster, since he bought a handful of Strats and mixed and matched them until he found the setup that sounded best.

phretbored

You could argue that Clapton's Blackie was a parts-o-caster, since he bought a handful of Strats and mixed and matched them until he found the setup that sounded best.
I dig EC he has recorded and played plenty of fantastic stuff.

What are the chances that he was just really stoned when he put all those Strat parts together?

re-animator

not anybody important

p.s. a lot of those first gen english blues cats had partscasters. jeff beck has played a few frankensteined strats and teles.

guitargeezer

Gold Supporting Member
Forget his name, but the guy from Indeginous has his tech make his Strats out of MIM standard bodies, MIM 60's Classic necks and Texas specials pups. They work for him, and his tone is great, so thats ok by me.

That would be Mato Nanji of Indigenous.

VA_siCkBoy

Silver Supporting Member
Stevie Ray Vaughan? His No. 1 was kind of a hodge podge of different parts wasn't it?

mattmccloskey

Silver Supporting Member
The guy from weezer did all the first few albums with a warmoth strat he put together.

Alex Lifeson used partscasters throughout the period of Permanent Waves through Grace under Pressure. He had a black one, a white one, and a red one. I think they were fender bodies with Mighty Mite necks, non-locking floyd rose bridges and Bill lawrence pickups.

Trending Topics