Any Blueshawk fans?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Gi-gi-giggity, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Gi-gi-giggity

Gi-gi-giggity Member

Just played one in a music store at lunch and was reminded of how cool they were. A buddy of mine had one years ago and I remembered liking it alot, but not really being 'that kind of player'.
    They seem to float around that $500-700 range....not too bad from what I can tell.

Any comments/experience with them?

2. telemike

telemike Member

Not a BluesHawk, but pretty close. This is a real favorite of mine. Worn in just right, plays like buttah and the pickups sound great.

[​IMG]

3. nsriley

nsriley Member

I used to have a black one I picked up used for $400 a year or two ago......and regretfully sold it! It was a great guitar! Very light weight, smallish body but very comfortable. It sounded great with the 2 P90's and 5 way varitone switch it had on it. The fit and finish on mine was pretty good and it was setup just perfect. Wonderful blues guitar....hence the name lol! You used to be able to grab them anywhere from $400 to $600, but the used price on them has gone up the last year for some reason.

Here's a couple pics I just found right after I bought it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-peace
    -Nate

4. nsriley

nsriley Member

5. dallas

dallas Member

I'd love to have one. That and a TV Special.

6. Robert1950

Robert1950 Member

Gibson has stopped making them. What is out there is what is left. It's also going to push used prices up.

7. hawkeyeinexile

hawkeyeinexile Silver Supporting Member

WayOutWest (Santa Clara, CA (not Canada))
    i had a couple, one w/vibrato. good guitars for what i paid (apx $400 4-5 years ago from Gruhn and from Dave's Guitars). frets needed rounding, esp. around the first few positions, pickups were just okay. fun to play. but for $850 (? - MF price), i'd look elsewhere. wait for a used one @ $400 or less, swap in a good bridge p'up & use it for slide or somethin'

:cool:

8. george4908

george4908 Member

9. TieDyedDevil

TieDyedDevil Member

I had both a Blueshawk and a Nighthawk at one point. The Nighthawk was pretty good, but I never really grew to like the 10-way switching or the dissimilar pickups. Good guitar, nonetheless...

My experience with the Blueshawk wasn't as favorable. There were a number of dead spots on the G and B strings that I just couldn't fix with different strings or setup, and I tried pretty hard before I got rid of the guitar. Probably just a lemon... No reason it shouldn't have been as good as the Nighthawk, as far as I can tell...