any bogner fans here?

andergtr

Member
Messages
954
just thought i'd see who the bogner guys are in this fine forum.

i have the first ecstasy 100A and a metropolis 15-watt reverb 112 combo, as well as a straight 412 and two 112 cubes (all with V30's).

of course, there are so many incredible amps being made today. my head just spins reading about the latest stuff that keeps coming out.

thanks in advance...


john ou
 

highgeer

Silver Supporting Member
Messages
920
I have had some type of Bogner for the last 10 years. I had one of the first 100b(s), various shivas, etc. and I presently have an older 2x12 30watt Metropolis. My tastes have changed over the years, but Bogner still delivers.

Mike
 

andergtr

Member
Messages
954
Originally posted by highgeer
I have had some type of Bogner for the last 10 years. I had one of the first 100b(s), various shivas, etc. and I presently have an older 2x12 30watt Metropolis. My tastes have changed over the years, but Bogner still delivers.

Mike
very cool, mike. i had two 101B's in the past and lucked out with this 100A. it's a great amp, but all of them have been incredible in their own way.

i haven't had a shiva yet, but i always dug it for its round, warm, darker tone.

the metropolis is a killer AC30-ish kinda amp. i think it would be the ultimate funk amp with a strat.


john ou
 
S

spiral out

i'm the proud owner of an ecstacy classic. there are other "dream amps" on the list that i hope to own someday, but i already own the one at the top of the list.
 

andergtr

Member
Messages
954
Originally posted by spiral out
i'm the proud owner of an ecstacy classic. there are other "dream amps" on the list that i hope to own someday, but i already own the one at the top of the list.
cool! i heard the ecstasy classic and dug that one, as well. if my 100A were ever stolen, i'd see if reinhold could build me an ecstasy classic with a 6L6 power section.


john ou
 

Steve Snider

Silver Supporting Member
Messages
6,328
Hi John,

(John's 100A is very cool.) I used to own it. Was originally purchased by Cliff Cultreri at the '93 NAMM show I believe. Great amp and one that I regret selling to this day.

I currently have two bogs- Classic and Shiva, need Uber.

I love Bogners and think that Reinhold is a genius builder. I love the amps myself.
 

procos

Silver Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Messages
5,348
2004 Bogner Shiva EL34 head with reverb
Bogner 4 x 12 Slant Cab
Bogner 4 x 12 Straight Cab

I have also owned 3 101B's, 2 Classics and a Bogner Shiva EL34 with reverb 1 x 12 combo.

Chuck
 

andergtr

Member
Messages
954
Originally posted by scottl
I'm an Ou fan! What's up Johnny!

Scott
hey scott!

still doing the same thing, enjoying NY. i just picked up a tyler. it's a beautiful guitar...amazing vibe and tone, and it's got its own equally cool thing going on that my andersons don't have.


john ou
 

andergtr

Member
Messages
954
Originally posted by Steve Snider
Hi John,

(John's 100A is very cool.) I used to own it. Was originally purchased by Cliff Cultreri at the '93 NAMM show I believe. Great amp and one that I regret selling to this day.

I currently have two bogs- Classic and Shiva, need Uber.

I love Bogners and think that Reinhold is a genius builder. I love the amps myself.
yup, steve's owned just about everything, but he knows that this particular amp is pretty magical. i love it.


john ou
 

andergtr

Member
Messages
954
v-verb and procos...

very cool! the cube is a great 112--nothing else touches it, IMHO.

lots of cool stuff on your end, procos. i gotta fill out the rest of my bogner line!


john ou
 
S

spiral out

Originally posted by procos
2004 Bogner Shiva EL34 head with reverb
Bogner 4 x 12 Slant Cab
Bogner 4 x 12 Straight Cab

Chuck
oh yeah-- i also have a bogner straight 412, with G12H's. i'd love to get a cube with a classic 80 for studio use.
 

Steve Snider

Silver Supporting Member
Messages
6,328
Originally posted by andergtr
hey scott!

still doing the same thing, enjoying NY. i just picked up a tyler. it's a beautiful guitar...amazing vibe and tone, and it's got its own equally cool thing going on that my andersons don't have.


john ou

John,

I just bought a Tyler Studio Elite Burning Water. It is the first guitar ever to kick my Anderson Hollow Drop Top out of the park. Unbelieveable guitar.
 

Steve Snider

Silver Supporting Member
Messages
6,328
Originally posted by Leonc
Love their cabs even more than their amps!

To me , the Bogner cabs are the best I have ever played. I have a 4X12, 2X12, and 1X12. Really great cabs.
 

andergtr

Member
Messages
954
Originally posted by Steve Snider
John,

I just bought a Tyler Studio Elite Burning Water. It is the first guitar ever to kick my Anderson Hollow Drop Top out of the park. Unbelieveable guitar.
that's cool. i know you had that anderson forever. i think anderson makes a great guitar, and they are still number one in my book, but jim tyler makes a killer instrument, and it's very different from what tom does. it's equally as cool, in a different way.

now i gotta add a suhr! :)


john ou
 




Trending Topics

Top