• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Any Collings news from Summer NAMM?

jbd3

Please Don't Sell Me Any More Gear
Gold Supporting Member
Because, you know, I need more Collings. Collingses. Colli? You get the idea. I haven't seen anything online.

jbd3

Gold Supporting Member
OK, thanks. I had seen a pic on Instagram a while back of a 360-style Collings with a Mastery bridge; I thought that if they were at NAMM they might be announcing it. I haven't heard anything more about it, tho. Not sure if it was just a one-off. A 360 with a Mastery bridge and Lollar Gold Foils would be brilliant.

madbob

Silver Supporting Member
I was at the factory two weeks ago and they had a 360 with the mastery bridge ready to go. The term worked much better than a bigsby. Gold foils are already an option.

jbd3

Gold Supporting Member
I was at the factory two weeks ago and they had a 360 with the mastery bridge ready to go. The term worked much better than a bigsby. Gold foils are already an option.
I saw (in magazines!) the 360 with Gold Foils they did for winter NAMM--it looked like it had a flat top, like a 290; I know that ordinarily the 360 has a carved top. They were using different wood for the body, and it had a different pickguard, too. But the Mastery is a whole new thing--I expect the bodies require a lot of excavation. Is the 360 with a Mastery bridge going to be a production guitar? I assume that bridge would require a flat top.

jbd3

Gold Supporting Member
It was a flat top, solid body verision. Basically this guitar with a mastery bridge and them:

http://www.hillcountryguitars.com/detail.asp?compID=1&gid=1516
That top is beautiful! Wow.

I've always been curious about the Mastery bridges, but I've never really gotten on with Jazzmaster-type guitars. I am sure one of these Collings will wind up in my house eventually.

I like the flat-top Collings electrics, too. Such a different feel than the carved tops. But then Collings can pretty much do no wrong in my book. I got to play an actual '59 Les Paul a few days ago, and the neck profile (which was f-ing perfect) felt very familiar. It took me a little while to realize that I recognized it from my City Limits.

Trending Topics