Any Collings news from Summer NAMM?

jbd3

Please Don't Sell Me Any More Gear
Gold Supporting Member
Because, you know, I need more Collings. Collingses. Colli? You get the idea. I haven't seen anything online.

jbd3

Gold Supporting Member
OK, thanks. I had seen a pic on Instagram a while back of a 360-style Collings with a Mastery bridge; I thought that if they were at NAMM they might be announcing it. I haven't heard anything more about it, tho. Not sure if it was just a one-off. A 360 with a Mastery bridge and Lollar Gold Foils would be brilliant.

madbob

Silver Supporting Member
I was at the factory two weeks ago and they had a 360 with the mastery bridge ready to go. The term worked much better than a bigsby. Gold foils are already an option.

jbd3

Gold Supporting Member
I was at the factory two weeks ago and they had a 360 with the mastery bridge ready to go. The term worked much better than a bigsby. Gold foils are already an option.

I saw (in magazines!) the 360 with Gold Foils they did for winter NAMM--it looked like it had a flat top, like a 290; I know that ordinarily the 360 has a carved top. They were using different wood for the body, and it had a different pickguard, too. But the Mastery is a whole new thing--I expect the bodies require a lot of excavation. Is the 360 with a Mastery bridge going to be a production guitar? I assume that bridge would require a flat top.

jbd3

Gold Supporting Member
It was a flat top, solid body verision. Basically this guitar with a mastery bridge and them:

http://www.hillcountryguitars.com/detail.asp?compID=1&gid=1516

That top is beautiful! Wow.

I've always been curious about the Mastery bridges, but I've never really gotten on with Jazzmaster-type guitars. I am sure one of these Collings will wind up in my house eventually.

I like the flat-top Collings electrics, too. Such a different feel than the carved tops. But then Collings can pretty much do no wrong in my book. I got to play an actual '59 Les Paul a few days ago, and the neck profile (which was f-ing perfect) felt very familiar. It took me a little while to realize that I recognized it from my City Limits.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom