Any cool Jcm 900 or Carvin MTS 3200 Mods

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by dominick, Jan 25, 2006.

1. dominick

dominick Member

I am wondering if any one out there has any do it yourself mods for a jcm 900 or carvin mts 3200 Thanks Dominick

2. Slick51

Slick51 Colonel Curmudgeon

Northwest Corner of NC, 5 mi from MerleFest
    I know some MTS mods...what are you trying to achieve with the mod?

3. Roodboy

Roodboy Supporting Member

There are also a bunch of 900 DR mods. I'll find a link if you need it, let me know.
    However, for either amp, you might want to play around with speaker/cab combos and tube swapping first.

4. dominick

dominick Member

Hi Slick51 I am looking for any mods to experment with .This is not my stage amp and would just like to try some mods to see what I can get out of this amp :RoCkIn Thanx dominick

5. dominick

dominick Member

Hi Roadboy I would appreciate any information or schematics for 900or mts mods.I have many cabinets including Germino 2/12 W/vintage 30 & G12h ,DRZ Zbest cab W/GT75's A marshall 4/12 W/25watt greenbacks Marshall 4/12 slant W/vintage 30's Marshall 4/12 straight W/GT75's The Germino sounds best. warm more bottom smoother highs I have also tried many tube swaps I like Groove tube EL 34s this tube is made for them by JJ to their specs I use JJ ECC83s for pre amp tubes The Carvin doesnt need modded Ijust want to experement .On the other hand the jcm 900 needs help to be usable to me THANX dominick:RoCkIn