Any COT 50s more desireable than others?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Johnnytone, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Johnnytone

Johnnytone Supporting Member

I picked up a used COT 50 today only because I got a good deal on a trade. It is sunburst and has no AC tap. I have no idea how many different versions of this pedal were made, so any help is appreciated.

I'll say this up front: It is very possible that I will turn this pedal over sometime soon because I really don't have a NEED for it, especially in my basement:JAM

So if this thread is considered bad taste, just nuke it and maybe somebody could contact me privately and walk me through the various models

Thanks

2. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

I had a sunburst with an ac tap and led and thought it was OK. Then I picked up a cot50 with the lovepedal japanese logo on it cause I heard sean prefers these. It sounds better to my ears(enough so that i still have it). Not so harsh with the gain maxed, and sweeter with it rolled back.

3. jhc

jhc Senior Member

I'm confused, I have a sunburst Cot50 with the Chinese love character (no AC tap) and I can't tell if it's the same as yours or the original poster's or soemthing else?

4. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

My cot50 with the red led, chinese logo, and ac tap sounds better to me than the sunburst finish with ac tap and red led.

5. aquadog

aquadog Member

Hmm, the sunburst sounds pretty damn good to me, and mine has an AC to boot.
    As I remember hearing (correct me if I'm wrong):
    cot50 sunburst is the original. A little brighter sounding, maybe a tad more gain? (might have to be corrected).

Zen logo I'm not too sure about, but never heard sean say anything about it being his favorite (I know he does sometimes gives pedals that he deems exceptional names and/or sometimes custom paint jobs).

unmarked box (limited time $150) was a tad darker and and a little warmer than the sunburst- probably a little better for bright amps

current box with red light is pretty much like the unmarked box in terms of tone

cot50 blue is a tad less gain, a little smoother, supposedly better humbuckers.

Hopefully sean or someone who knows better will chime in and correct me.

6. Johnnytone

Johnnytone Supporting Member

Thanks for the info so far

7. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

8. jhc

jhc Senior Member

Sweet - I guess that means I have a particularly good original?

9. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

Here is the asian logo'd one. [​IMG]

10. The Gainster

The Gainster Member

I heard the one's with NO paint are the best he makes and for the best players!!!

[​IMG]

11. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

Of course thats why YOU have those mitch. :BEER

12. The Gainster

The Gainster Member

:moon

13. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

So mitch, is the twin 60 a cot50 and a deluxe 60? Or is it a clean boost? Are the channels cascadeable, are there 2 channels or is it one channel? Is it transparent? :confused::confused: :horse :D