• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Any Crazy Tube Circuits Time mk2 delay users present?

peter_heijnen

I ordered mine more than a week ago, but my online dealer had new software implemented. That went kinda wrong so now the delivery is delayed. Any users here that wanna share how they like it or not to relieve my pain for the time being?

peter_heijnen

Haha, apparently not a TGP favorite so far. ;)

Today i finally received the Time mk2. I had high hopes i could use it together with my H9 in my amps fx-loop. I tried numerous delays next to the H9 but unfortunately within my rig, anything i add somehow brings the fidelity of the H9's sound down. I've seen many posters writing they don't like what the H9 does to their dry but i can't think of anything that sounds as good in my amps loop.

Delays i turned down, amongst others: Jacques Prisoner, EHX MMD tt550, Maxon AD9 Pro, G-Labs SD-1, Empress Echo system and the Catalinbread BED. And finally today the Time mk2, although i definitely liked it most of all i tried before. Like all the others it somehow just didn't stand up against the H9. After comprehensive testing today i decided the Time wasn't for me so i put it back in the box. After that i played about 2 hours with the H9 tape echo algo and simply was happy again. It's so good, it's almost like a curse.

sanfi4u

Gold Supporting Member
I own previous mk2 red box version and like it a bit. The guys at CTC introduced microprocessor control but didn't compromise the tone. And managed to fit it into a relatively small box. They ended up with a good digital delay. So may be you'd like to give Time a second chance?

Last edited:

peter_heijnen

It's a great delay, i like it the most af all that i mentioned. But like all those it doesn't do justice to my H9. I love the H9 more than anything. If i'll use additional delay it will be through a wet/dry rig. The G-Lab that i still own is perfect for that, the Time will have to go.

Trending Topics