??????Any Cubase Gurus Out There????????

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by The Usual, Aug 3, 2005.

1. The Usual

The Usual Guest

I have been using Cubase for a year or so, and I have about 40gigs of songs accumulated. I have been in the process of backing it up to DVDs and I have noticed a problem. When I go to reload the discs to a test folder, I get Cyclic Redundancy Check errors on some files, every time.
    Does anyone know what causes this, and more importantly what can I do?

2. TAVD

TAVD Guitar Player Gold Supporting Member

Have you checked the cubase forums yet? cubase.com and cubase.net.

I'd guess it's something to do with having duplicate project folders. Maybe you could add a "_bkup" designation to the project folder when you backup.

3. joseph

joseph Member

alt . steinberg . cubase

very helpful newsgroup

4. The Usual

The Usual Guest

Thanks guys. I actually think I figured it out. I tried a bunch of things, and when I tried a new type of DVD disc, I had no more errors. It appears that I have a bad spindle of discs. Too weird!
    Thanks for all the help.

5. mannyG

mannyG Guest

I opted for buying an external USB hard drive for backup, 250gig for about 250 euros.
    It should be more reliable than burning to disk and backup is a lot quicker/easier, just right click, send to, external drive.

Even a second internal drive would do the trick and would be a cheaper option.