Any delay pedal like this exist...?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by MrMoose, Apr 18, 2016.

1. MrMoose

MrMoose Member

I have a Timeline, great for functionality but I haven't really taken to the sounds.

Are there any other delay pedals out there that offer:
    1) Analog dry through
    2) Ability to either save patches or set tempo via midi

I know about the DD-500 but I think I still prefer the Timeline. Tons of delays are not really a requirement, like an El Capistan would be great but I think only tap tempo is available, not ability to change tempo via midi

2. tobereleased

tobereleased Member

Check if the nemesis has analog dry. A lot of people here seem to find it a good alternative.

MrMoose likes this.
  3. MrMoose

MrMoose Member

It doesn't

4. dhdfoster

dhdfoster Silver Supporting Member

I think the just released Alexander Obvlion and Super Racical both have presents, MIDI control, tap tempo, and analog dry through.

MrMoose likes this.
  5. NHBluesMan

NHBluesMan Member

just curious, why is analog dry-through important for you specifically? Lots of guys want it because it's become kindof a buzz word, but the Nemesis conversion of signal is incredible, and I haven't noticed ANY signal change/degrading since I added it to my board.

Not saying it's right or wrong either way, just curious

MrMoose, dpgreek and Moontrills like this.
  6. ryuk

ryuk Member

The Echolution 2 has dry through and sounds incredible

jquanmusic likes this.
  7. dpgreek

dpgreek Supporting Member

this

8. dhdfoster

dhdfoster Silver Supporting Member

I'm not the OP, but one reason I prefer analog dry through is simply because there are plenty of choices out there that do not convert your main signal to digital and back again. I would just prefer it to stay intact if possible, which it usually is. A great conversion may sound identical, as modern converters are very good, but there's just something different about the *feel* or dynamics. I admit, it could fully be my imagination, but I'm okay with that since it's my gear and it's a personal choice.

I really don't think of it as a "buzz word", as all effects were "analog dry" before digital multi-fx hit the scene. That's just the way they should be, IMO. Outside of full digital modeling, I just think a piece of pro gear should not digitize the entire signal when there's no need to.

However, for something like a ZOOM Multi-FX that costs $85 and does a million things, I completely understand and accept the conversion, but that's more of a toy to me and not a $200-$300 delay pedal.

I don't use many effects, but I'm careful about what I use.

Onemileguy and MrMoose like this.
  9. AnalogKid85

AnalogKid85 Member

Or you could just get a Suhr Mini-mix and use whatever delay pedal you want :) Have your cake and eat it too!

MrMoose likes this.
  10. Katzenkönig

Katzenkönig Member

My favourite pedal since Redneck Reverb.

DisasterArea likes this.
  11. MrMoose

MrMoose Member

I have 2 pedalboards and my main one I want to keep all analog, at least the dry signal path anyway. I think the Nemesis is a fantastic product but if I were to run say 5 Source Audio pedals on my board in series all converting to digital on the way in and back to analog on the way out there is going to be some discernible change of tone and feel. As always I'm just trying to learn what's out there in order to make better choices. :)

AnalogKid85 likes this.