Any Diavel owners here?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by MRscratch, May 28, 2015.

1. MRscratch

MRscratch Member

Really want this bike. The Carbon version
    What do you guys think?
    Right now I have a GT 1000
    The seat position is close and the bike has a lot of torque but I'm sure the Diavel is a whole other ball game.
    Thoughts?!

2. M138

M138 100% Fenriz Approved

Killer bike. I fought off the incredibly powerful urge to buy one a few years ago. Whenever I think about buying a street bike again that is the bike I think of.

3. MRscratch

MRscratch Member

I know. God it's amazing. Took it for a test ride and I was blown away. I want it but it's 27 500

4. TresGatos

TresGatos Member

I have a couple of Ducs and have spent time on a Diavel.
    The motor is awesome. Handling on a bike it's shape is awesome. Brakes and suspension for a bike it's style is awesome.
    Only neg I had was you get one... ONE... seating position for your whole ride. It's not a cruiser where you place your ass wherever you want, you are committed.
    If I was "ready" for a bike with forward-ish pegs (ok, less less sportbikey) I would definitely have one in the garage.

5. MRscratch

MRscratch Member

6. The Captain

The Captain Supporting Member

Dude, you really should move to Byron Bay. Warm weather, tons of waves, awesome twisty riding, perfect Ducati country, and a Ducati dealership in on the edge of town, about 5 mins walk from the McTavish factory. The dealership guys take their Diavel to the drags bone-stock and kick serious booty. I have a Hypermotard Evo SP for my twisty needs.

7. deluxeman

deluxeman Member

I just can bond with the looks. It is probably a killer bike. It just looks like a cartoon version of a Harley V-Rod.

8. RCM78

RCM78 Member

My buddy has one and he loves it... Me not so much. To me the bike is confusing. It's not a great cruiser or tourer. Motor. breaks, suspension are all very good though... I just picked up a 2014 Multistrada S Touring and that is a fantastic motorcycle!!!

9. MRscratch

MRscratch Member

How?? I would love to move to Australia. I am A Journey man Electrician with 28 years experience. I would come over in a heart beat. Just not sure how to go about doing something like that.

10. MRscratch

MRscratch Member

I still love my sport classic GT1000
    It goes like hell and I like the looks but I still want something a bit more sexy
    I'm thinking of an old terblanche 999 or a 1098 which I think are sexy as hell. Diavel would be killer. Just so bloody expensive

11. The Captain

The Captain Supporting Member

I have a mate who is a contract electrician. I'll ask him next time I see him. He has some big projects coming up after a bit of a lull while he got divorced.
    Australia has a special work visa access for "area of need" ( 457 visa, I think). Lots of Canadian and US work migrants these days, especially in trades. Big mining downturn has slowed it up a bit though. A couple of years ago, you would have found a job easy. That gets you here, then you need a base to FIFO from, like where I live. I'm 50km from Byron Bay, close enough to cycle to.
    Holiday wise, catch a flight to Coolangatta and you can practically walk to Snapper Rocks from the airport. Don't google those names unless you want to die a little from envy.

AS for motorbikes, the 1098 is a nice bike. The 848 version was very popular here, and is a good second-hand buy. YOU pay similar prices to us for bikes it seems, and yes, I passed up the Diavel on cost, but it's a keeper, and buying the RIGHT thing is often cheaper than buying something not quite right. I'm happy on my Tardis.

12. MRscratch

MRscratch Member

That sounds amazing. If I had the opportunity, I would come over for sure.
    Let me know what advice your friend has.
    My buddy just bought an 848. Great bike