Any Differences between DL4 and Echo Park

KennyM

Silver Supporting Member
Besides not having all of the models found in the DL4, does the Echo Park sound any different than the DL4? In other words, do the available Echo Park models match the DL4 models in sound quality?

Trying to free up some board real estate and wondered if the Tonecore pedals would be good replacements for a DL4 and MM4.

Jason Lynn

There are some things you can do with EP that you can't with DL4. Any of the delay types on the EP can be set to Tape, analog, or digital so you can have 3 different flavors of a reverse delay for example or you could have a pristine multi-head delay (set to digital). If you can live without the presets and looper....EP is certainly on par with DL4.

hopperpedals

Then there are some of us that have both, :messedup. I really like the analog setting on the EP, and use the DL4 to loop it.

KennyM

Silver Supporting Member
Hmm.. sounds like the EP might be the ticket. I only really use one setting on the DL4 which is the analog with modulation (DMM) so as long as I can cop that I think it would work.

Am I to assume the same when comparing the MM4 to the stereo chorus pedal?

Thanks for the info.

sandman

Are EP's delays as 'midgrangey' as DL4's? I liked that as another flavor to my beloved transparent DD-20.

dognmoon

The one reason I had to get another DL4 after I sold it for the EP is that the auto swell feature on the DL4 is more controllable. I use a slow ramp time with extra echoes and the EP doesn't have as long of a ramp time. I LOVE that effect. It means I can still do swells and stuff on the fly without having to use a volume pedal. Now I use the DL4 up front and the EP in the loop for when I'm using higher gain channels on the MOD50.

Rob Eadgbe

I think the only thing I miss about my DL-4 is the extra tweakability in the mod section, and some of the other tweak and tweez paramaters. As far as tone goes, I think the EP might have a little less digital "sheen" than the DL-4.

kenoflife

Silver Supporting Member
My echo park had a mild but horrible whine when disengaged -
I think they fixed it in later versions..

KennyM

Silver Supporting Member
I'll most likely keep the DL4 and MM4. Too scuffed up to sell for anything anyways. I'm just trying to free up some space on one of the pedal drawers in my rack. I don't really use delays into the amps too much while recording and when I do it's usually from a Memory Lane on my pedalboard. Still, there's a couple of stereo delay settings I like to use from the DL4. Sounding like I can get them from the smaller pedals.

Again, thanks for the info. :BEER

Trending Topics