Any discounts on the Helix?

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by gibsonman, May 2, 2016.

1. gibsonman

gibsonman Member

I decided it's time to explore the Line 6 Helix so I'm looking for somewhere to buy it and save some money. Today MF has a sale on amps and effects but the Helix is not included so I figured I'd ask here. Can anyone recommend a vendor that discounts the Helix? Thanks.

2. mikah912

mikah912 Member

Open box. Watch Sweetwater and Guitar Center Helix pages like a hawk. That's an instant 10 percent discount.

3. veritechc

veritechc Member

Add American Musical Supply to that list. The other day I saw an open box Helix for $1250 there.

4. jageya

jageya Member

just make some calls....ask for 20% off....if they dont do it ask the next guy.....otherwise wait a bit untill major sales..

veritechc likes this.
  5. MIJLOVER

MIJLOVER Member

If you're too impatient to wait, it's worth the full amount! ;) Happy hunting :)

6. leftty

leftty Member

Gotta watch Reverb, there was one last night 1250 shipped, now gone. I got my from Reverb in the box 2 weeks old for 1300 shipped.

7. maxnew40

maxnew40 Member

If you buy enough gear to have access to a pro sales guy you can get a small discount. I paid 1252 for a new Helix via a pro sales guy (You have to place a large dollar order so this was combined with other gear to make up about a $6,000 purchase).

-Max

8. Willowdale

Willowdale Member

Hold out for 20% off shipped.....you'll get it!

9. gibsonman

gibsonman Member

Thanks to everyone for the tips. I'll be patient and keep an eye out either for a discount or an open box/used one. After many months of trying to decide whether I want one, of course, I want it now but it truly is best to wait.

10. grego7

grego7 has left the building Gold Supporting Member

I had a couple of guitars that weren't moving in the emporium or reverb.com despite consistently dropping the price each day. I ended up taking them into guitar center and got roughly what I expected to pocket after I would have covered paypal fees and shipping expenses, maybe a little less. But anyway - trading in ANYTHING automatically nets you a 10% discount off any item. So if you add that $150 to the trade value, I made out okay.

here's the odd thing - I had cases for both guitars and assumed the quoted trade-in / cash price included the cases. The guitar center rep told me "we don't buy cases but you can leave it with the guitar if you want". One was an aftermarket case for an Epi ES339 P90 Pro and the other was a G&G case that came with the Chris Shiflett tele. I told him thanks very much and kept both. Odd. But if I can sell those down the road (or at least keep the tele case), that also helps the trade-in bottom line.

So my point is - go trade in a tube screamer pedal or something you're not using and automatically get $150 off the Helix :aok

scook likes this.
  11. SilentScorp

SilentScorp Supporting Member

Wait till MF or GC offers the 5-8% discount on gift cards. Then purchase the gift cards wait till the next day and ask for 20% off and buy with the gift cards . I did this on a guitar I wanted and it worked out well.

12. aleclee

aleclee TGP Tech Wrangler Staff Member

The big box guys will probably be offering their usual Memorial Day sales in a few weeks. Even if Helix isn't officially on the list, you'll probably get a decent discount if you call in.

Gearzilla likes this.
  13. gibsonman

gibsonman Member

I like the idea of buying discounted gift cards, that is one way around the policy of "we don't discount the helix" that salespeople have quoted to me over the telephone. I also like the idea of taking advantage of Guitar Center's trade in policy although anything I buy from them is subject to an 8% sales tax. For now I'll keep an eye out for opportunities while I struggle to be patient.

14. Hackdog69

Hackdog69 Supporting Member

I got my from GC with one of those "Personal Invite" 20% off coupons.. this was in March when there was still a waiting list

15. Jose7822

Jose7822 Member

As mentioned, Musicians Friend will probably have a 15% (or thereabouts) discount sale during Memorial Day. But their biggest sales are usually offered on Black Friday/Cyber Monday. They always have a 20% discount then. Most of the time, you'll get somewhere between 12% and 15% during holidays (unless you make a big purchase, know a sales guy, and/or buy gear often from them). But ALWAYS call them. Even when the discount doesn't include the desired item, they'll make it work. And you get everything tax free (at least in most states) and with free shipping.

HTH

16. grego7

The main reason I decided to go with GC and not MF is in case I wasn't crazy about it and needed to return it - easier to drive to the store even though there is sales tax added on the initial purchase. Also, with most internet vendors, returning an item that originally had free shipping ends up costing you shipping both ways.

Sounds like waiting for a 15-20% off sale will get you the best deal though.

scook likes this.
  17. veritechc

veritechc Member

In my state sales tax is 7.25%. That is around 100 bucks! I bought mine from American Musical Supply. No tax, no shipping and no shipping for a return.

18. tvegas99

tvegas99 Silver Supporting Member

don't forget the emporium right here

years of buying and selling here on TGP and no negative experiences after LOTS of gear buying, it's a great community of buyers and sellers

I'm glad I bought mine here used

19. grego7

Wow, that's really incredible service!

So if you call and say you're not happy with an item and you want it return it, they send you a prepaid shipping label? Man, I need to reconsider where I buy online. Thanks for the heads up!

20. hobbes1

hobbes1 Member

Be warned....last time I enquired on MF and GC a few weeks ago, they both told me Line 6 had forbade them to allow discounts via the 15-20% coupons. You may find yourself having to pick one up used or open box, as suggested, in order to get anything off the retail price.