Any DV Mark Users?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by 8len8, May 23, 2015.

1. 8len8

8len8 Member

looking at the Maragold and Little 40 II, but not much info available beyond a couple of YouTube clips.

2. THiwaTT

THiwaTT Member

I have a DV Mark Little Jazz and would not hesitate to recommend another DV product - very good build quality, and great sounds in a small compact package

i know that Guitarcenter stocks some of these, so I would order from them or other big box retailer so if you don't like it you can easily return it

3. buddaman71

buddaman71 Student of Life Silver Supporting Member

I just bought 2 of the ultralightweight 212 neoCabs and they sound fantastic! I'm picking up the Maragold head tomorrow. It's dead simple 2-ch and impossible to get a bad sound. Killer lightweight gigging rig.

4. Hefalump

Hefalump Member

Their Cabs are stellar.

5. 8len8

8len8 Member

I bought the Maragold but couldn't bond with it. Too much midrange tone in its response that couldn't be dialed out with the EQ. I returned it after s few days.

I really couldn't get it to sound like the YouTube samples.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  6. eddie knuckles

eddie knuckles Member

I have the DV 40 212 combo. 0.5 class A to 40 class AB Watts. Great clean platform for pedals, light, and self biases tubes. GREAT AMP.

buddaman71 likes this.
  7. buddaman71

I just got the Maragold. It's got a nice, full-sounding clean channel that's great for pedals and a smooth, fat drive channel that's perfect for rock soloing.

I have 2 of the (excellent) compact DV 212 cabs, and I'm running the top one stereo wet w/my Fender Mustang V head and the bottom one dry/mono w/ the Maragold (w/ a Radial ABY) It's a full/rich toned rig that's still lightweight and compact.

I really like everything about it.

8. Primakurtz

Primakurtz Member

Guitar Center seems to be blowing them out. Not selling well, I guess?

eddie knuckles likes this.
  9. buddaman71

Update: I've played a couple shows with my Maragold and 212 cabs and really like it! it's a simple tube amp with a very strong, punchy clean channel and a fat, grindy Satriani-esque drive channel that's just super fun to solo on. (It's definitely hi gain, but more suited for ripping/singing solos than chunk.)

Add a nice low/med-gain OD to get the in-between sounds and it's a killer lightweight/slick-looking affordable gig rig. I like it more every time I plug into it.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  10. eddie knuckles

eddie knuckles Member

Take advantage of this. Go play one and see how nice these are. Bob Lanzetti from Snarky Puppy uses one.

They have neodymium speakers, and some say have a "hi fidelity" sound to them. I put a set of 6L6's in mine (PCB mounted tubes, comes with EL-34's stock). I appreciate the clean headroom they have, and most pedals I use have not had any issue. I can play country, pop, blues, rock and jazz nearly fearlessly. See what you think.

11. dburns

dburns Member

Just posted this in another thread. My DV 40 212 just came today from GC in Nevada...$430 after taxes/shipping. It's used obviously, but other than one small tear in the leather it's in very good condition.

It's dated 2010. Looking forward to playing it soon. Will report back.

12. buddaman71

Those are excellent and very underrated amps, incredibly so at those prices! Also, the lead channel isn't really super impressive at home, but is really nice and fat and smooth lead tone live. It's a refined grown-up's amp. Enjoy.

13. buddaman71

here's a little off the cuff iPhone recording (at whisper volume) of a a simple clean chord progression i looped with a Zoom G3 and then played some silly licks over. i think the Maragold is pretty sweet sounding tube amp and great price at current GC sale.

eddie knuckles likes this.
  14. ccoker

ccoker Supporting Member

sounds great. rich and dynamic

15. buddaman71