Any Feedback on Dean Zelinksy Guitars?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by ZeyerGTR, Apr 14, 2019 at 2:29 PM.

1. ZeyerGTR

ZeyerGTR Member

I like the aesthetics and features of Dean Zelinsky guitars for the price. They look great, but since they only sell direct I don't have a chance to try one out. Anyone own one? Any feedback on build quality? I'm particularly looking at a La Voce. I searched the forums but didn't see any existing threads...
    https://deanzelinsky.com/

HERSCHEL likes this.
  2. c_mac

c_mac Member

A good friend of mine plays one of the Strats with the Z-Glide neck. He is probably the best guitarist that I know and he absolutely loves that guitar. The only change he made was installing a Duncan Hot Rails pickup in the bridge position with a series/parallel switch.

HERSCHEL, Mincer and ZeyerGTR like this.
  3. HERSCHEL

HERSCHEL Member

I've tried a couple of them and they were nice, though the LaVoce is the one I'm looking to acquire. The workmanship was good, the pickups were solid and the z-glide was fine. The ones I tried were the s-type as that's what the local GC had gotten in at various points. They were both medium weight.

ZeyerGTR likes this.
  4. sleepingtiger

sleepingtiger Supporting Member

My bandmate has a LaVoce & I loved it when I tried it. The piezo sounded the most "acoustic" of any that I've ever heard. The Z-Glide, which I thought was probably a gimmick, felt REALLY nice! I'm waiting for a B stock or scratch & dent in natural W/ maple board to show up. I'm trying to talk my buddy into a 2-4 week loan...

Tony

ZeyerGTR likes this.
  5. Daniel Travis

Daniel Travis Member

I've played the LaVoce a couple of times, and was really surprised at how well the piezo worked - as well as the many different switching options for the pickups.

It's also super thin and lightweight, which isn't super important to me, but lots of TGPers seem to think is very important. The one I played was the blue color option - it looked fantastic.

The Z Glide looks gimmicky at first, but I found it quite comfortable after playing my friend's for a few minutes. Surprisingly comfortable.

All in all, it was a great guitar. I was very surprised that they retail for about a grand.

HERSCHEL likes this.
  6. HoboMan

HoboMan Silver Supporting Member

Hmm, first I've heard of these.
    The LaVoce looks amazing. I prefer lightweigh guitars these days that looks perfect.

Anybody know where these are made?