Any Fulldrive 3 fans?

all thorns no flowers

Silver Supporting Member
The mosfet fd2 has been my favorite pedal since it came out. any other fd2 fans played the fd3? if so, what are your thoughts?

earwax

I have the 20th anniversary FD3. I like it a lot but it’s missing cc mode which I love on my FD2.

Reyybarra

Silver Supporting Member
I really liked it when i had it, but a student needed some drive so i sent it to him. I do remember thinking to myself it's crazy because when fulltone comes out with an update...it USUALLY is better than the previous, whereas, with a lot of companies, it's usually worse. But given the climate, i cannot in good faith support fulltone any longer so i moved on to menatone and lovepedal for my drive needs.

Reactions: nic

cmath

FD-3 is alright. Not as plug n play as an OCD. I own a 90s blue FD-2 and FD-3 and I used to own a cream custom shop FD -2 and a very early non-paint FD-2. which I eventually sold .They are all voiced slightly different....not by much . Seems my blue 90s FD-2 has more lows or low mids overall and less gain but it's enough of a difference for me to keep it around. I have no problem with that pedal but a switch for the CC instead of a "PULL for CC "wouldv'e been better like the later ones. Not sure if I liked the FD-3 at first because the the low cut was almost too much for me. I've gotten to know it, the more I like it because of the boost circuit more than anything and CC mode or whatever that middle position is makes this really versatile . The 3 modes on the overdrive channel are cool. The boost side of this is really cool. Theres nothing really wow about any of them. It's sort of an enhancement device. If there was a way to some bass into the FD-3 I would be happier.

Slideman

I have the FD-3 20th anniversary. The drawback for me is that it is very dark...even with the tone knob cranked. However, the mid-heavy sustain is excellent for cutting through and it excels at slide guitar IMO.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom