• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Any G&L fans here???

georgestrings

I thought the G&L Jazz bass would be a lot better than the Fender Jazz I traded for it, it is better, but it's not night and day. I do like the bridge a lot better, and that was the impetus. I also ended up with a case and some other better things.

Still a big fan of the G&L lineup. I have the two G&Ls above, and have a Stingray, and that will be my modest collection for the rest of my life. I'd like to add a Fender Precision to it all and at that point I can't think of anything else I'd ever need (maybe a cheap fretless).
Yeah, I actually like Fender's current bridge on their MIA models over the bridge on the ASAT - the ASAT's bridge is solid enough, but it pushes the strings over to one side rather than keep them centered, when locked down... Also, the saddle height screws don't hold adjustment as well as the Fender bridge, although that's easily remedied with a spot of blue locktite on each screw...

Again, to each their own...

- georgestrings

georgestrings

It appears that the electronics are similar to the L2K. I gigged with a Tribute L2K for a stretch and liked it a lot, but I am now a devoted Precision/SR5 player. G&Ls are very well made.

The ASAT's electronics are identical to those of the L2K - and agreed, G&Ls are very well made... I just don't agree that they're any better made than a good MIA Fender, and certainly not better than an EBMM - also, *I* prefer Fender's sound - although that is purely subjective...

- georgestrings

georgestrings

There's an early 80's L2000 by me, I kind of thought about getting it once I'm flush with money again. I'm not sure what all the switching does on there, though?
The switching is pretty simple: the one closest to the neck is a pickup selector(bridge/both/neck), the center switch is a pickup series/parallel switch, and the one closest to the bridge is a preamp switch(passive/active/active bright)... Hope this helps,

- georgestrings

Trending Topics

Top Bottom