Any good compact 2x12's out there?

hottub

Looking for as little a footprint as possible in a 2x12 format. either in a diagonal or side by side format. needs to handle medium to higher gain sounds with good, tight low end.. wondering what's out in the market.....

eric-d

I was thinking Top Hat until I saw the medium to higher gains needed - so I'd have to say THD....

Spudman

Find an old Crate Vintage Club VC502112. There is a good reason that it won awards. It does Marshall and Fender Bassman sounds very well and they can be had for a reasonable price.

mrmax

I took my Bassman 2-12 from my childhood (my firstever amp) and put 2-300 watt EV's in it (turns out it was originally Blonde and was painted Black before I got it), That cab kills!! Boogies, VHT, Egnaters, Marshalls, and my Modded Bassman Amps all sound great through that cab.

straticus

I've been running a Top Hat 2x12 with a 30wt Weber ceramic Blue Dog and Silver Bell for about four years now. It's pretty small and light weight.

It handles cleans and high gain with ease. It smoked the THD with Longhorns I had in the "clear and punchy" department.

justonwo

Platinum Supporting Member
StoneAge 2x12B.

2x12B%20to%20cabz%20pg55.JPG

gushtone

Silver Supporting Member
Budda 2x12 combo cabs are very compact ( I think 26: wide? if I recall), and the SuperDrive 45 or 30 will totally do what you want, and they're failry light as well.
Peace...

guitardr

Google Avatar Speakers and have yourself a ball.
Great selection, prices, build quality, service & shipping.

sickboy79

I'll also echo the THD. I don't own one but, have played through one. Sounded HUGE. I couldn't believe how big it sounded for how small and lightweight it was.

guitardr

Check out the prices/selection @ Avatar Speakers.
You will not go wrong; plenty of options too.
All the specs & measurements are there as well.

i'm gonna go w/ THD too.
fairly small and light 2-12 w/ a big sound that suits just about every amp i've plugged into it and covers timbres suitable for just about anything i can think of. maybe not 'the best, but certainly one of the most flexible and versatile cabs around.

datguytim

Silver Supporting Member
Lopo. I've got a 2x12 that is light, tight & filled with might (well. . . Celestions actually).

blackba

Silver Supporting Member
Stay away from a marshall 1922 212. In that case a small 212 = thin, bad tone...

VHT and Mesa 212's seem pretty compact to me...

Trending Topics

Top Bottom