Any Good Pitch-Shifter/Harmonist Pedals?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Maxo Weeze, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Maxo Weeze

Maxo Weeze Member

Hey Guys,

I wanted to know who likes what here. I love Eventide stuff (I have the TF and MF) but I don't think I will use all of the "toys" on the Pitchfactor. Just looking for a simple to use pedal that gets good sounds without having to drop a ton of cash on a pedal that I won't use that often...

Cheers

2. hclapp219

hclapp219 Member

The Boss PS-5/6 and Digitech Whammy come to mind.

3. Heady Jam Fan

Heady Jam Fan Member

Depends what you need, for octaves, definitely the Micro Pog. For other pitches, the quirks/artifacts always made the pedal not worth using to me. I had the Boss for a very short time.

4. johnnymegabyte

johnnymegabyte Member

The Harmony Effect inside Zoom G3 is pretty good. $200 US. And because you can have three pedals in a Patch (each On or Off as default), add some Delay or Space Echo, Reverb or another "Modulation" to build something quite nice sounding.
    The Zoom PC Editor software is great to tweak the pedal setting without going down on your knees, or sitting on your butt to play with all the settings.

5. Stringrazor

Stringrazor Member

I tried a bunch of intelligent harmony devices and they all glitched badly when I tried to use them onstage. I was gigging regularly with an Eagles tribute band and only needed it for one song, Hotel..., for the backing lines during the verses (we did the ending solos with dual guitars). I learned to play them as double stops but couldn't get the sustain and vibrato I wanted. I needed a device that would allow me to instantly change scales with a pedal as the descending run at times needs the harmony note to change while playing the same source note. I had been using my Johnson Milennium modeling amp and J12 controller but retired the amp (the harmonizer was just ok, it glitched too, but the J12 control options were incredible). I finally ended up getting a deal on a lightly used Pitchfactor on ebay. It was well worth it for me.

6. Maxo Weeze

Maxo Weeze Member

Thanks Guys! Some really good info here. I really like the Micro Pitch setting on the Eventide as well as some of the Harmonist functions but I can spend hours tweaking patches on the TF and MF which takes away from actually practising. I'll probably end up with the PF though. I've seen some of the glitches that are described here on some of the other pedals which would drive me nuts. The PF is also MIDI which would be ideal for me as well as I use a Gig Rig MIDI 8 to switch presets.