Any Hamer experts able to identify this?

RValentine

Out in the states at the moment and picked up a Hamer USA from GC. Have been searching online for more info. I think it's a Daytona but picking it up this Friday.

Amazing neck and sounds great but it's got EMG pickups in HSS and only 2 control knobs... Tone and Volume. Bolt on 22fret neck.

Any experts know what it is?

Last edited:

Stratburst70

I've never seen a Hamer Daytona that looked like that. I'm almost wondering if that's a different pickguard. All Daytonas I've seen have the three-knob configuration. The T62 only had one.

I suspect your guitar's not original. FYI.

CowTipton

Gold Supporting Member
Either a modified Daytona (as mentioned by Stratburst70) or a Hamer neck on some other body?

mrpinter

Silver Supporting Member
I agree with the first two responders: that's a Daytona neck, but that's all I am sure about. It *might* be a Daytona body. That's not a stock pup coniguration, AFAIK.

59Bassman

Plank Cranker
Gold Supporting Member
That's also not a stock Daytona bridge. Daytonas had the 6-screw Wilkie.

Guitar Josh

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Supporting Member
That's also not a stock Daytona bridge. Daytonas had the 6-screw Wilkie.
No that bridge is correct. It mostly looks like a swapped pickguard and electronics.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

RValentine

Looks to have controls similar to the Diablo. I'll post some pics later. It may just be a modified guitar but still sounds and plays great.

59Bassman

Plank Cranker
Gold Supporting Member
No that bridge is correct. It mostly looks like a swapped pickguard and electronics.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2
You sure? My '94 Daytona was certainly the 6-screw with bent saddles. I never saw the two-post Wilkinson on a Daytona, although I've only seen a couple others. I did see that bridge used on other Hamers though, I think.

Guitar Josh

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Supporting Member
You sure? My '94 Daytona was certainly the 6-screw with bent saddles. I never saw the two-post Wilkinson on a Daytona, although I've only seen a couple others. I did see that bridge used on other Hamers though, I think.
Let me take a look at mine tonight. If I'm wrong, I'll give a half-hearted apology i don't really mean and secretly think that somehow, I'm really right.

59Bassman

Plank Cranker
Gold Supporting Member
Old pic but this was mine before I sold it:

Sure looks like a 6 screw to me. Dunno.

RValentine

The body is routed for 6 bridge screws . Picked up today. Could do with a little tweak but does play well. Serial number on neck of 437141 puts it at 1994.

Tiny Montgomery

Silver Supporting Member
My '93 T51 (tele) has those Wilkinson saddles. Different W bridge, of course. Sorry if that's no help.

cmatthes

Silver Supporting Member
Nope.

Bridge is NOT correct. That's a '94 Daytona, which came with the Wilkinson VSV-G, not the one that's on there.

The way to tell if the body is original is to check the upper (bass) horn - if the Dunlop strap button has a small route, it's the original Hamer body. If the strap button sits on top of the horn, it's not the original body. The other way to tell is if the trem cavity cover is recessed and has an angled "leg", it's the original body. Strat trem covers sit on top of the body.

It's REALLY easy to mod a Daytona to suit your particular strange needs...

RValentine

Strap button route and trem cover look legit.

Possible custom or modified Daytona then I guess? No matter what it is it's ideal for what I was after. Only $699 anyway :)

DrBob

I don't think there's any great mystery here, with the trem cover & strap button route lining up as right it's certainly looking quite a lot like a 94 Daytona with a trem & pickup/pickguard swap.

Nice guitar btw

Sparky6string

Sweet guitar! I have one of the same color only with original SSS configuration plus original trem and it's wonderful. I was never a Strat guy but this thing has me hooked and I play it all the time.

Trending Topics