Any info about PRS Dave Navarro (not SE)?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by orourke, Mar 26, 2015.

1. orourke

orourke Member

I played one in used one in a GC today. The white and gold thing ain't for everyone, but I don't mind it. I have a few white guitars including white and gold SG. I don't care that much about Dave Navarro, but if it was the Joe Stalin model and it looked and played great I might buy it.

The pickups were high output, maybe a little too high, I'd have to try it with a band. It was hard to get a good read on the guitar. The stings were installed incorrectly - wrapped on the wrong side of the posts so I had to turn the tuners in the wrong direction to tune it (classy GC).

It was in close to mint condition, low action, no fret buzz, no fret wear, probably owned by somone who doesn't play. I think the price might be good for a PRS, but I can't seem to find out what these guitars went for new or used. There scant info about them on the web (just SE info). I found a web site were there were a bunch of reviews that were translated into English - pretty hilarious.

Anyone know anything about these guitars?

2. archey

archey Member

I believe that the earlier ones were made with brazilian fretboards.

3. neoprimitive

neoprimitive Member

I've played them, and I would love to own one. I can't remember but I think they go for around $2,800 new. they are killer guitars, not a fan of the white and gold, but that wouldn't stop me. I am a huge Navarro fan and have drooled over those since they came out. of you can get one for a decent price, grab it. the pickups on them are not wimpy, they literally scream. Navarro fan or not, they are a great PRS model.. what were they asking for it? they are somewhat hard to come by.
    even his SE version is a great guitar.

4. SinglecutGuy

SinglecutGuy Supporting Member

Yup.

5. Bogner

Bogner Member

There is nothing special really about them other than cosmetics and the board as stated. If you like 24's you will like it. Not too common but a great guitar never the less.