Any info on Dean markley CD-60 watt, All tube amplifier?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by major, Apr 1, 2008.

1. major

major Member

Just picked up a CD-60 watt, 2 channel amp with a master volume.To top that it came with a first gen. Electro-Voice EVM-12L pro line 300 watt ,8 ohm speaker! Massive magnet and heat sink! Last not least, a full fitted road case w/casters, all for $450 I would also like to add a single 12 cabinet, to add some punch and low end, maybe the Celestion V30. So any one have played this amp, any thoughts?

2. Catoogie

Catoogie Senior Member

Can you post a picture of yours? I'd like to see what the speaker looks like. I have on of the open backed Dean Markley 1x12 cabs but the speaker doesn't have the label on it, looks original though.

Thanks!

3. quinnamps

quinnamps Member

Is it a tannish colored thing? I had some DM amp waaay back and can't recall much except it sounded very nice and I recall missing for a long time after it was gone.
    Sounds like a nice score indeed.

4. rah3

rah3 Gold Supporting Member

In the early 90's I toured and recorded extensively with a CD-60 with a EV Force speaker. The amp was designed and built for Dean Markley by Terry Laul. Terry's in Pinto Kansas and still services these amps.

I still use it. The mid boost, voicing, switches, and effects loop make the amp very versatile. I've recently used a Blackstone in front of it and had friends amazed at the tone. It really has it's own voice. Only complaint is that it's heavy.

Lot's of players used and endorsed these when they first came out. Great amp, well worth keeping.

-RAH3

5. major

major Member

Being I'm new to this board...how do I post photos here?

6. anibas

anibas Member

I had one for awhile,and I used Celestion G12-80,G12H-100,and Sidewinder speakers in it at different times.All 3 sounded good with this amp,but I think I preferred the 80 watt.It came with an Avatar Hellatone Vintage 30,which I wasn't crazy about in this particular amp.I bet the EV sounds great in yours as is!One of the Mesa 1X12 Thiele cabs would probably do what you're asking for,too.Good luck with the new amp,major.