Any info on the Teese RMC3 wah?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by bhyatt1, Apr 19, 2015.

1. bhyatt1

bhyatt1 Supporting Member

Got a trade offer of an RMC3 for my Way Huge Supa Puss... Just wanting to hear some things from people who have experience with it?

2. Frosted Glass

Frosted Glass Member

It's been around for 15+ years. There'll be heaps of threads on it. It has a lot of dip switches (internal on older units) and trim pots that let the user really tailor the sound to their liking, which might be a bit overwhelming for a novice wah user. I use a RMC1, which is a dumbed down version. Teese units are really good though. He only make wahs.

3. markjsmith

markjsmith Member

The RMC3 is a really good wah! Actually, ALL of the RMC stuff is really good. The RMC3 isn't my favorite of Geoffrey Teese's wahs, The Wizard wah is my fave lately, but you can't really go wrong with any of his pedals!!!!

4. DanSimon

DanSimon Member

I personally did not bond with the RMC3 although it is well built.. the dip switch system and fine tuning seemed not at all intuitive to me. I also use the wizard wah now ,

its the RMC5 i think. The very popular blue RMC 'picture wah', the RMC Joe walsh, and RMC wheels of fire wah are supposed to be great. They aim for vintage sounds

while the wizard has a different sound. In some way it doesnt take over the sound to the extent that other wahs do. ...still a wah , nothing outlandish. i find it works

well after overdrive.

5. bratch

bratch Member

Love my '3 that I picked up at a local gc for a reasonable price. It took some tweaking to get it to where I wanted it, and the controls are certainly convoluted, but it's converted me into an occasional wah user.

I e-mailed Geoffrey because I couldn't figure it out, and he was super helpful. He knows wah.

If you can't figure it out (no one would blame you), just sell it and ask GT which wah would be best for you and get that one.

6. Last Nerve

Last Nerve Supporting Member

If you even think you'd use a wah, make that trade, IMO.
    Love all the RMCs. Currently running with the RMC10.
    The RMC3 can get you about 90% of the other RMC tones, IMO.
    There's tons of information and helpful settings to use as a starting point.
    I was a 'set-and-forget' type with my RMC3. Tweaked the "Smooth and Sweet" setting, FWIW.

Great wahs and Teese is an amazing guy.

7. bandofthieves™

bandofthieves™ Member

Geoffrey Teese can dial in the Wizard wah on an rmc3 in like 2 minutes. I watched him do it right before my eyes and ears. Teese designed /created the 3, he knows what every little thing does..Go for it.

8. BognerGF1

BognerGF1 Member

I own an RMC3 and it's an awesome wah. I would do that deal. My only concern would be how old the RMC 3 is and how much use it got. If it's in good shape,
    go for it and don't look back!

9. Sheherezadeh

Sheherezadeh Member

10. rollyfoster

rollyfoster Supporting Member

Mine may be my most long-lived part of my rig. I think I got it in 03. I have emailed teese directly for settings over the years and he has always been really helpful. No issues with it at all other than I adjusted the treadle some so the sweep was in a different area.

11. 0xeneye

0xeneye Supporting Member

I have a '3. All the other wahs (Picture, Wheels, Walsh) can be dialed in. This is crucial if you want to use the wah in various rigs. Plus, it's made by THE Wizard of Wahs, Geoffrey Teese.

12. theguitarman

theguitarman Member

I've got an RMC4 Picture Wah which is a great pedal.. though I find they are not as durable as other pedals I have