Any info. on this Wah?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by killermeteor, Dec 16, 2009.

1. killermeteor

killermeteor Member

Does any on know anything about the Wah Baby? I can't seem to find much info. on this wah. It has no manufacturer stamp (unless, of course, the manufacturer is "Wah Baby) nor model number (not that I can find anyway).
    Here's what I do know: it has white rubber trim along the back plate, it was made in Italy, and it has the red Fasel inductor.
    Any information would be much appreciated!

2. hammersig

hammersig Member

Sounds kind of like the Dallas Arbiter Wah Baby. Discoeffects has some info on them but not a whole lot. May be worth some scratch!

3. hazel-rah

hazel-rah Supporting Member

That is the same pedal as the gretsch playboy and the jen crier---probably more, too. I owned one a couple of years ago, and they're great old wahs. The analogman site features a wah article that mentions that pedal, I believe. If you can't find info, then search for the jen crier or the gretsch wah---maybe you'll have better luck w/ those names. In my experience, Italian wahs are always good; I'd still own my wah baby if I hadn't come across a good buy on an Italian v846.

4. killermeteor

killermeteor Member

Thanks for the info! The wah article didn't have too much to say about the Wah Baby, but it was quite an interesting read anyway- thanks for sending me there.
    Yep, the wah sounds pretty darn good indeed! I got it years ago from a fellow I knew that had a small home studio. He gave it to me for helping him take out his trash. It's nice to know that it might be worth something and though I have no plans to part with, I'm pretty curious what it might be worth. Any ideas?
    Thanks again!

Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  5. jgyn

jgyn Member

They're total pieces of shyte, but I'll take it off your hands for a twenty.
    :)
    I have a Jen 'Crier' myself that's the same.

6. hazel-rah

hazel-rah Supporting Member

I think that I paid around $200 for mine. I wouldn't swear to it, though---it was a few years ago...