Any internal pics of a Phase 90 script reissue?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by cyberpunk409, Feb 27, 2008.

1. cyberpunk409

cyberpunk409 Member

looking for someone who could maybe post an internal picture of the Phase 90 script reissue, ala CSP-101.

cheers

2. stinkfoot

stinkfoot Member

Here you go:

[​IMG][​IMG]

Found these on the web a while back. I don't know who took them, so I can't take any credit.

/Andreas

3. analogmike

analogmike Gold Supporting Member

That above is not the '74 reissue, the '74 is handwired like the old one with no power jack. Someone posted a gut shot on my forum recently if yuo want to check there.

4. RickB

RickB Member

Courtesy of the MusicToyz website.

[​IMG]

5. stinkfoot

stinkfoot Member

Well, the OP asked for pics of the CSP-101 "script reissue", so... :D

/Andreas

6. Mr. Kite

Mr. Kite Member

To be truly vintage that foam is going to have to disintegrate to a mucky mess.

7. radcliff

radcliff Member

Are there any clips?

8. cyberpunk409

cyberpunk409 Member

Thanks guys... i actually WAS after the CSP-010 as the 1st picture poster posted, so thankyou STINKFOOT :)

after having seen that, i am truely greatful that i decided to order the '74 reissue (the CSP-026).

That CSP-010 looks awful... i can't imagine how DUNLOP can print this about the CSP-010 (i.e. the first pic in this thread):

"original circuit design for smooth and lush 4-stage phasing"

that is most DEFINATELY not the "original circuit design". I'll let ya all know how the Phase 90 '74 reissue (CSP-026) sounds when it arrives :)

9. analogmike

analogmike Gold Supporting Member

The old one just above this post looks like a 1979 block logo to me. What are the date codes on the pots?

10. cyberpunk409

cyberpunk409 Member

that's definately an early block logo... you can tell by the 2 plastic coated wires running across the board. if it is in fact script, it's the first one i've ever seen with the 2 wires.

11. cyberpunk409

cyberpunk409 Member

where does it say "Anolog Innovations" ?

this is my favourite subject too :)

I have a collection of internal pics, ranging from '74 to early 80's... it's interesting to see the changes and the transitional period, where script and block are seemingly identical (well with less variation than early script to late script anyways!!)

12. cyberpunk409

cyberpunk409 Member

ooh, that is interesting. any difference in the pedal itself between the 2 box types?

13. Mac-P

Mac-P Member

Croakus -

Just ordered the '74 Vintage with Full Boat Mod from ya. I'm psyched to hear it! And it looks like you have em in stock. Nice. :D

I already have the Custom Shop Script Re-issue w/ LED & it sounds amazing. I'm really curious to A/B these.....
    :rolleyes:

14. cyberpunk409

cyberpunk409 Member

is croakus affiliated with "perfect rhythm music supply" at all? it just seems that whenever croakus has stock, so do they. And they offer this "full boat" mod too, which sounds too coincidental.

btw, i just ordered mine from Perfect Rhythm Music Supply... so wanna know if croakus is my main man :)

15. cyberpunk409

cyberpunk409 Member

sweet, glad that you're my man croakus :)

can't wait to get this baby in the mail :)

i opted for NOT having the true-bypass mod done (don't care for the LED and power plug), despite wanting it. I'm scared what it might do to FUTURE resale prices once it hits vintage status.

Are MXR making bucketloads... hence they will never command high prices?

I know i *SHOULD* have the mod done if that's what I prefer, but I still take future resale prices into account almost always on all my gear.

THANKS

16. Mac-P

Mac-P Member

Does that mean mine went out Monday too? It said it was in stock when I ordered it... :rolleyes:

17. cyberpunk409

cyberpunk409 Member

haha, very true :) there's no way mine is going on a bookshelf though!! the second i get it, it's going right inbetween my GE-7 and SmallClone :) This is one pedal that is going to get HEAPS of playing time.

I had the early block logo version with the script board and the sound was to die for. That pedal died on me, and rather than spend the $100+ it would cost to get it fixed here in oz, i decided to buy the '74 reissue.

Can't wait

18. cyberpunk409

cyberpunk409 Member

hey croakus (or anyone else who owns/owned this pedal), is the Phase 90 '74 reissue (CPS-026) made in the USA ???

I was just thinking about why it's so cheap if it's "hand-wired" and contains "hand-selected FETs" (as they claim), especially considering its price in relation to the Custom Shop version... which is almost 1:1

Made in China by any chance???

cheers

19. Andre357

Andre357 Member

They are made in the usa - i have a stock one ( unmodded )..........It sounds FANTASTIC !! It's sounds so good and looks so vintage, retro and cool I'm going to keep it stock. Through my set up there is no tone loss at all. Just sounds perfect on and off.

MXR did a great job with this pedal.

20. bmetelits

bmetelits Member

In 1973 I had a tech in Hollywood, Florida, move the guts of my MXR Phase 90 to the control cavity of my Les Paul. The phase rotation speed control stuck out the back of the control cavity cover. A mini toggle was added to the guitar top to turn the phase on/off. The 9-volt battery, also, sat inside the guitar's control cavity.

One of the coolest sounds was to put a Cry Baby wa on about half way and turn on the phase shifter. That was the closest I could come to emulating a Leslie type of sound. Then I could slow the rotation down by turning the speed control.