Any Jacques Meistersinger Chorus users here?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by sweetpea, Jul 10, 2006.

1. sweetpea

sweetpea Supporting Member

I have had alot of the prime time chorus pedals including the Fulltone unit, Analogman Clone Clone (Favorite to date), TC Chorus and the DLS Chorus. I recently let my Analogman go to raise $ for a big guitar purchase and I am hoping that I don't regret it. After listening to some of the sound clips on the Jacques site, the Meistersinger sounded interesting and the price was right. So, I ordered one. It is similiar to the Analogman Clone Clone (thick and greasy), or more in line with the Fulltone/TC units (pristine and clean)?
    ;)

2. Medication

Medication Member

I tried one out when I was thinking of getting a chorus to modulate delay repeats. I remember it was super clean, pristine, lush and I almost got it, but had a change of mind. I haven't tried the Analog Man chorus, but I must say that I was quite impressed with the Meistersinger.

3. utterhack

utterhack Gold Supporting Member

Really great little box. I was really surprised to see a couple go for very very low prices on ebay yesterday - under $70 shipped iirc :eek:

4. erksin

erksin Member

After owning a Prisoner for a few months, I can tell you his stuff is well made and the small footprint is a HUGE plus IMO. If I didn't already have a nice chorus, I'd be on a Meistersinger...

5. datguytim

datguytim Supporting Member

I almost bought one years ago - it's a very cool underrrated chorus - kinda like a souped-up CE-2 that's more flexible. In the end, the Retrosonic Chorus Ensemble fit my needs perfectly for the classic CE-1 sound PLUS pitch shifting vibrato.

6. Thazy

Thazy Member

Meistersinger user here. I am very pleased with it. Can go from a light chorus to a rich sound by dialing up the effect level. Would get another one in a heartbeat. Turn all the knobs all the way up and it gets this "ray gun" sound.

7. sweetpea

Man, I saw those two Meistersinger chorus pedals on ebay and just thought they would sell for close to the what a new one goes for? Oh well, what do ya do.........:Spank

I am glad that you guys like it. Sounds pretty versatile. I do like the idea of blending in the amount of chorus. I liked the analogman (on) most of the time set at low levels to fatten up and sweeten my guitar tone. With a touch of delay, the tone was angelic.:angel

8. hendrix2430

hendrix2430 Member

can anyone comment on the quality of the buffer? Thanks!

9. erksin

erksin Member

If it's the same as the Prisoner, it's high quality IMO. No noticeable difference in or out of my chain...

10. sweetpea

the Meistersinger sounds as good or better than the Analogman Clone Clone to my ears:AOK I have owned two Analogman Clone Clones over the years. The leslie simulation is very close also. What a value!!!! The blend control sets it up over the top as you can dial in as little or as much chorus as you please. Great for creating a subtle guitar tone without too much chorus. Really fattens up your tone in a good way. This thing also just sings with gain. I prefer it over the Clone Clone for this reason. It isn't too washy in gain situations.

Highly recommended!!!:AOK

11. erksin

erksin Member

Have you tried getting any Boss VB-2ish vibrato tones out of it?

12. Den

Den Member

I really loved the Meistersinger ... but it's not true bypass and really messed up my tone when it was off, but in the chain. Decided I didn't love it enough to get into another true bypass box or looper or buffer. Too bad for me ... it really does sound awesome.

13. hendrix2430

hendrix2430 Member

How did it mess up your sound? (volume loss/treble loss/dynamics?)

Can someone else confirm/oppose with this?

14. T-bone

T-bone Member

I had a Meistersinger Chorus and I found it to be VERY well built-it was a solid stomper.
    I don't recall much if and tone suckage.

15. shikawkee

shikawkee Mad King Edmund Gold Supporting Member

I love this pedal. Very well built and no tone suckage.
    It has a nice slight mid boost and is a sweet chorus.

16. hendrix2430

hendrix2430 Member

Thanks guys, I'm getting really close to ordering one.

17. Den

Den Member

In my rig, it amounted to a dullness that could well be described as a slight loss of volume, treble and dynamics. There's a sparkle and 3-D quality to the sound of my rig that was lost with the Meistersinger in the chain.

The volume certainly can be adjusted, but no amount of EQ would offset the loss for me.

I don't think anyone else here has heard my rig with or without the Meistersinger in the chain ... it looks like you'll have to take my word for it. :D

Seriously ... as you know, even though this negatively affected my rig, it may be very different in your case. You might find it doesn't affect your tone at all, or that it even improves it. It's such a great sounding pedal, it's probably worth giving it a run.

18. Fixxxer

Fixxxer Member

Its awesome. I sold mine because I had an analogman as well.

To clarify I bought the Meister for high-gain. It excels at this, and does well on clean as well.

I then ups the voltage to the Analogman, and it solved the problem.

19. hendrix2430

hendrix2430 Member

Can the Meistersinger do the pitch shifting/vibrato
    like the Red Witch pedal?

20. erksin

erksin Member

This is what I'd like to know too...

If it doesn't you might want to check out the DLS Chorus~Vib - it's what I use currently - does a nice thick CE-1 style chorus, and gets great Vibrato tones too. I use it in the Vibrato setting 95% of the time...