Any Jetter Gain Stage Gold users out there? Need help

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by charvel1984, Jul 8, 2017.

1. charvel1984

charvel1984 Member

Hey guys I need some help from the forum. I know there are some Jetter fans out there so maybe someone could shed some light. I have owned 6 of Brad's pedals and I'm always impressed by them. My absolute favorite that I keep coming back to seems to be an oddball pedal and I'm hoping someone has some info on it.

I own a Gain Stage Gold 3D pedal, but something is odd with it. I have the paperwork that it came with which identifies it as a Gain Stage Gold 3D, the serial number inside the enclosure says 0901"3D"0014 so I have every reason to believe it's the Custom 3D version. The instructions though list info about the hard/soft switch and the few pictures I've seen online I see the mini toggle switch. Except mine has no switch?? Just Volume, Gain and Tone. I love the sounds, just wondering if the early versions had no clipping switch? What tonal variation would I hear if the switch were present?

I emailed Brad a while back and he was very gracious in responding saying that the 3D was a circuit from about 8 years ago and that he honestly didn't remember much about them or why this unit maybe did not have a toggle switch? I'm guessing I just want to confirm or deny that it is a 3D unit, that maybe it's slightly different sounding than a standard GSG or do I have some kind of oddball one-off? Just a curiosity thing mainly. Just bugs me that instructions mention the switch and I can't be sure if I have a 3D or a GSG or what the heck I have hahaha.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

2. turtleheadblues

turtleheadblues Senior Member

He's been known to send out alot of protos and early versions to artists and friends. Alot of times the protos end up being different. I have several from over the years. Can't find a bad one ha.

charvel1984 likes this.
  3. charvel1984

charvel1984 Member

That's good to know, I was beginning to think maybe I didn't have the 3D version despite the serial number. What protos or early versions have you got? I'd love to hear more about the rare Jetters. I had the Gold Standard and I'm in the process of selling my Red Shift plus I had the 45/100 and to my ears this GSG3D absolutely buried the others. Don't get me wrong everything I've owned Jetter was incredible. But this GSG pedal just sounds THAT much better. Fuller, deeper and a wider gain sweep. Love it....it's a keeper.

I've been going through a long painful process of finding the best MIAB pedal out there. At this point in the last year I've bought and sold over 50 such pedals. In the process I've kept 5 pedals I just can't bring myself to sell, with an XTS Atomic Overdrive in the mail to test against the 5 faves upcoming as soon as the mailman delivers. :D