Any JTV-69/DT 25 Users experiencing this noise

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by doochey, Feb 25, 2012.

1. doochey

doochey Member

Sorry for the bad quality of this video, but wondering if anyone else has ran into this. My rig is JTV-69 via digital connection to the POD HD500(set to combo amp, the master volume knob set to 100%, and my input locked to Variax Ch. 1) then L6 LInk into the DT25. I downloaded a patch I really like off of Customtone called "Dumble ODS." Then play the D or G string at the 7th fret and hear a weird out of tune harmonic underneath the note. If anyone can recreate this please let me know, it's driving me crazy. I also hear it on other presets I have, but the DT25 Amp setting I is the worst. Anyone hear anything like this before?

http://youtu.be/ldaIK3gUlXM

Thanks,
    Doochey

2. Gtrman100

Gtrman100 Member

I heard the noise, does it make the noise when using the mag pickups, or only using the guitar models? Have you tried other guitars? Try to isolate the noise. Does it sound like it's coming through the speaker or is it more of a physical vibration?

BTW, the HD should automatically setup the output setting to match your amp(combo power amp), and the master volume control on the HD has no function when connected to the DT25 via L6 link.