Any Keeley modded CE-2 users here?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by GtrWiz, Mar 4, 2006.

1. GtrWiz

GtrWiz Member

Just curious how it sounds. I've been itchin' for a chorus, but probably wouldn't use it enough to justify the $ on an AM Clone Chorus, or something similar. I used to have a stock CE-2 and liked it, was thinking of picking one up off fleabay and having RK do the mod. Any thoughts?

2. RickB

RickB Member

I have one and love it. I got the speedy mod but don't use it that fast. I actually keep the speed quite low. Sounds terrific. Especially with dirt before it. I don't use it that much now though since I need for my chorus to be stereo. But for a mono chorus, it is really good!

3. Shon Kornfeld

Shon Kornfeld Member

yea i love mine, i use it for a wobbly chorus, cause my 1210 does the slow smooth chorus... highly suggest the keeley mod ce-2!

4. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

I had one and loved it. It was too "wet" for my taste and I went with the Fulltone Choralflange (I like more subtle chorus) because of the mix knob; but the overall tone and vibe of the Keeley mod on the CE2 is killer.

5. jrigg

jrigg Gold Supporting Member

Got one and dig it a lot. I use it for a fake Leslie sound at the high speeds.

6. R3deemed

R3deemed Member

I have one I don't use. Let me know if you might be interested in it.

7. jpagey

jpagey Member

Yup!

8. Mondoslug

Mondoslug Supporting Member

How's it compare to the mighty Arion for the speeded up pseudo wobbly leslie thing?

9. mrbluetone

mrbluetone Member

I like my Speedy mod very much..you can also use the internal trimmer to make it faster or slow it it way down which I like to do! It has A SLIGHT BOOST when engaged and that adds to mix well.

10. GtrWiz

GtrWiz Member

Outside of putting through a Loooper with a mix control, does anyone know of a mod that might include a mix knob? It's not a deal breaker, coz like I said, I probably wouldn't use it that often, and not unless I really wanted an obviously chorused tone. It's just the tweaker in me...

11. Python

Python Member

I have one and it sounds wonderful. I just haven't found a lot of use for a chorus. I used to love them. I would consider selling it if anyone would be interested.

12. panosy

panosy Member

The Arion SCH-1 does the leslie thing better than the keeley speedy mod CE-2 for me. More pronunced and deep. The CE-2 is a great chorus on its own right but I can't get both to fit in my board so probably the Arion stays.. Just need to install a true bypass switch and maybe a rehouse if I can find a way..
    Any ideas on that?