• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Any love for GREER amps ???

55GibsonLPJR

I recently was looking 18W-20W amps and Greer Amps majorly caught my eye. I was really looking at the Greer Cam 18 and Greer Special 20 for a small club/bar situation....The Special 20 seemed like an really interesting mix between a brownface Deluxe and AC-15, this brought me to look at the "matchless nighthawk" 5 way rotary switch on the special 20 and that was the closing deal for me :)

Any other Greer amp lovers ? Seems that links to video/sounds clips are still very limited which seems crazy !! Love to hear a "Marauder 35" !

Last edited:

playthecray

Silver Supporting Member
I had a Thunderbolt 30 head for a while. It was a well built nice sounding amp. Great master volume also.

55GibsonLPJR

I had a Thunderbolt 30 head for a while. It was a well built nice sounding amp. Great master volume also.
Seems like that's the most popular model! Def has a great tone, but to me the 6v6 thing really caught my eye.

Anyone ever played any other models of Greer??? The Hellfire 35 seemed like an interesting one I heard was mix between a Ampeg and Marshall ??

Last edited:

Timbre Wolf

Hyperspatial Gravity Surfer
Platinum Supporting Member
Love to hear a "Marauder 35" !
I've a Marauder. It is a great li'l amp. The tweedish preamp breaks up nicely.

My fave is the Thunderchief. Like an AC30 TB with 6V6 instead of EL84. Glad to have that one.

- Thom

55GibsonLPJR

I've a Marauder. It is a great li'l amp. The tweedish preamp breaks up nicely.

My fave is the Thunderchief. Like an AC30 TB with 6V6 instead of EL84. Glad to have that one.

- Thom
Sweet!! I wish there were more You Video's of their amps. Anyone have any clips online regarding their tone?!

Timbre Wolf

Hyperspatial Gravity Surfer
Platinum Supporting Member
If you're in the San Francisco Bay Area, you can come on by...

- Thom

55GibsonLPJR

If you're in the San Francisco Bay Area, you can come on by...

- Thom
thanks! Yeah, I'm out in the mid-west for the time being...nice to know there are some real amp lovers out there thou !! Any online clips or live clips of your amps ?

Last edited:

scott

Silver Supporting Member
I've got a thunderbolt and it's a great amp. Good master, a great amp for small/med gigs.
Like a cross between a vox and a Marshall....maybe a little matchless as well.

MHG

The Thunderchief has been on my GAS list for quite a few years now. I just haven't been able to pull the trigger due to lack of info and sound clips. I'm very surprised at the lack of info out there. I just recently acquired one of his Light Speed Overdrives, and absolutely love it. Hopefully Nick will put out some good demos of his amps in the near future.

55GibsonLPJR

One question someone may be able to help me on...So I heard that the CAM 18 comes with 6v6 tubes at 18w and you can switch them to 6L6 tubes to get more headroom and 25w. Is this also true for the "Special 20" ??????

scott

Silver Supporting Member
Nick is really accessible and loves to talk gear. Give him a call, Ive bought a few pedals and it was a pleasure to deal with him.

s360guitarist

Silver Supporting Member
Nick is a great guy. If you can chat with him about the tone you are looking for he can direct you.

Trending Topics