Any love for Incubus?

blownirocz

Suppoutin' Memba Sinss Dem Oud Dayz...
Gold Supporting Member
Prepare to be bored out of your mind... by Linkin Park. Admittedly, I'm not the biggest LP fan, but they were terribly dull, uninspiring and lacked any sense of energy, urgency, or drive. Brad Delson looked like he'd rather be trimming his toe nails, walking aimlessly offstage and strumming his guitar with zero effort. The 45 minute intermission prior to - essentially a 45 minute Honda commercial with a Linkin Park soundtrack in between Incubus and LP, was terribly annoying. They played 8 LP songs during this time. We left after 5 live LP tunes; first time I've ever bailed on a concert.

However, that TOTALLY contrasts to what Incubus had done previously. As the "co-headliner" (i.e. - second opener) they came out and played an inspiring set full of musicality and performance. Their set spanned all of their albums, save Fungus, and was organic and energetic. There was no pretense or ********. They came out and laid it down with authority. I was already a big fan, this just confirmed it yet again. Brandon Boyd was impressive and Einziger tapped and tweaked like a madman. They really have their thing down, and it's super impressive to see. It's no surprise Linkin Park was less than stellar... I'd hate to have to follow Incubus every night too.

Get there early, we damn near missed Incubus, you won't be disappointed.
Interesting info on Linkin Park. The last time I saw them was a pretty long time ago, but they rocked it. Maybe all the years of non-stop touring have finally gotten to them. Will be interesting to see how they've changed. Must've been pretty bad for you to leave though.

Yeah, I've seen Incubus several times and they brought the house down every single time. Glad to hear they're still bringin' it! Pretty stoked for the show.

PRSkeeto

I was more annoyed by the Honda advertis... uh, I mean intermission.

I really wanted to like them, or at least go away with a greater appreciation. There was simply no energy; maybe it was an off night. Chester Bennington brought it for sure though.

I hope you see a good show.

GTechNick

More of a Science and Make Yourself fan myself but I think it's great their still around even if I don't dig their newer stuff

Reviving this thread because I'm going to see them with Linkin Park on the 7th. REALLY looking forward to that show.

Anyone else going?
Make sure to get there early to see MuteMath open up. UNBELIEVABLE live show!

blownirocz

Suppoutin' Memba Sinss Dem Oud Dayz...
Gold Supporting Member
Incubus is really a great band.……
For me to poop on.
Don't worry dude, I'm sure Justin Bieber will be in your area soon, so you can go see him and not be bitter anymore. :boxer

Trending Topics