any love for muddy waters tele?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by neastguy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. neastguy

neastguy Supporting Member

it has all the specs I like .... just wondering if anyone has any thoughts or major dislikes about them? thanks...

2. karmadave

karmadave Member

Best Tele for the $. Especially if you're into the Blues. Downsides are they tend to be on the heavy side and some people don't care for Candy Apple Red or amp knobs. I unfortunately sold mine which I now regret...

-KD

3. neastguy

not good for tele twang... I'm not big on the red either... more bluesy... I dont mind the weight........

4. RL in Fla

RL in Fla Member

If you like those specs neast , a Highway One with a rosewood board is another option , same radius and maybe lighter . Can't comment on the bluz thang since mine is maple/3-burst and rio grandes in it now . 7.2 weight .

5. stevieboy

stevieboy Clouds yell at me Gold Supporting Member

Killer neck. Pretty fat, 9 1/2' radius, medium jumbo frets, feels great. Best thing about the guitar., IMO

6. pfflam

pfflam Silver Supporting Member

I want one of those necks for my project Tele . . . .

anybody got one to spare?

7. neastguy

I was just wondering with the "muddy" can you get the country twang with that config?

8. Seegs

Seegs Member

The MIM is a nice bang for the buck guitar...the pickups and feel of the guĂ­tar were really nice and I was considering picking one up a few years ago...that is until I picked up one of the 100 MIA Muddy Waters tribute teles that the same store had...

man that thing was light as a feather very resonant and had a huge boat neck...I fell in love with that guitar but put it down real quick as it was highly overpriced here in Germany!!

Chow,
    Seegs

9. AshlandBump

AshlandBump Member

The country I come from is called the Midwest.
    Absolutely agree. I bought a MW to have a Tele for now but I've been thinking about doing a Partscaster. I'm slowly replacing all of the parts on the MW. By the end, the only thing that will be left is the neck. This is not to say that the MW isn't a great guitar as it is. For the tone and feel you get, it's hard to beat; just as solid and playable as the two American standard Teles I've owned. As far as tone goes, I actually prefer the MW; the American Teles had an anemic tone, especially on the bridge pickup, compared to the MW.

10. Rock Johnson

Rock Johnson Member

My buddy SouthernShred had one - it was cool but dang it was heavy.

11. ToneRanger

ToneRanger Member

Never tried one, but there's a quite a big thread that's been going on for quite some time on FDP about it... Many people seem to like it.

12. ToneRanger

ToneRanger Member

Never tried one, but there's a quite a big thread that's been going on for quite some time on FDP about it... Many people seem to like it.

13. GuitarsFromMars

GuitarsFromMars Member

I played the MW,but ended up bonding with the James Burton Standard Sig which is MIM,with Texas Specials,Candy Apple Red(I got it because it reminded me of my 1st custom color Tele from back in 1972)I did yank the pups in favor of the Wagcaster set#2 by WCR along with a Sprague BB in the .015 uf flavor.Nice chunky maple neck,Alder body,poly finish.It rocks.

14. screamtone

screamtone Supporting Member

I have one... it rocks. Too bad I'm getting a root canal next week and need to liquidate some gear to pay for it. The Muddy is probably going to have to find a new home. The root canal part is bad enough... loosing the Muddy makes it worse. :BITCH