Any love for the Alexander Wavelength?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by bshields, Feb 21, 2019.

1. bshields

bshields Member

Hey all, any love for the Alexander Wavelength?

It's been a few months since these came out. Anyone using one to replace dedicated tremolo / vibrato pedals? Or other mod effects? Are you happy with it?

Can the Trem circuit go fast enough to do Ring Modulation?

2. CarlGuitarist

CarlGuitarist Member

Also curious. Seems like Alexander pedals are very solid. Thinking of selling my H9 as it’s way overkill for me.

3. Hofnarr

Hofnarr Member

It's good. Unfortunately, it can't really do trem/ring mod (one of the first things I tried with it).

4. Tri Pedal Reviews

Tri Pedal Reviews Member

I fell in love with Alexander pedals after trying the Equilibrium (original). So as far as Tremolo goes, that was what I was hoping for. The Wavelength retained more top end and while most might view that as a positive, since I love the sounds of the Equilibrium so much, I'd just prefer to use that.

But, LOTS of cool features on the pedal. The ability to morph between bias & harmonic with a knob is great, the ability to switch wave forms on the various modulation modes is also awesome. Ramping is a killer feature to have on a tremolo, and very few trem pedals do that. (also great on other effects, but trem is the one I use it most on)

I own a lot of different dedicated pedals, and I've amassed that collection over the course of many years. So 1 pedal sweeping in and replacing those would be astonishing. I don't think some of the various modes compete with the dedicated pedals I've got. But they'll do just fine for getting the job done.

It'll give you plenty of traditional sounds, and if you want whacky it does that to.

I was going to keep it for the Ramp features and wave shapes/unique sounds. But I was jonesing hard for an Axe3 so it was a casualty in funding on my way to that goal.

bshields likes this.
  5. bshields

bshields Member

Hey all, bump! Any other thoughts?

6. scottonstrings

scottonstrings Member

The Wavelength replaced another multi-modulation pedal on my board with a similar footprint. If you need a general multi-modulation pedal with some cool features in a standard footprint then this will get the job done for you. The sounds are good to my ears, but maybe not what you expect from individual analog pedals. Also, I like that all the sounds can be adjusted on the fly and saved to one of four presets. (not using it with midi) This is super useful for me in a live/rehearsal setting.

7. lamf

lamf Member

Just got mine still exploring so far so good.

8. bshields

bshields Member

Sure, thanks for the feedback. Hows the filter as a parked EQ boost? Could you do cocked wah or treble booster sounds with it, do you think?

9. musicbliss

musicbliss Supporting Member

I’m someone who does not use Mod a ton, but need it for certain sutuations and so was looking for a Mod pedal that had a lot packed into it, sounded decent, and doesn’t take up much space on my board. The Wavelength is perfect for that!

Also the Filter sound is pretty fun and you can get wacky with a lot sounds. Highly recommend this if you need a solid “working mans mod pedal”. Might not be ideal for a ton of tweaking.

72Telecaster likes this.
  10. 72Telecaster

72Telecaster Member

@musicbliss nailed it - it's packed with a lot of good modulation and thus great for players (myself included) who don't use it enough to warrant a whole board of different mod effects. I did a demo which utilized most of the tones here, I like the trem, chorus and vibrato a lot. All the Alexander Neo features are pretty cool too, and pretty impressive for a $199 pedal.

DisasterArea and no_technique like this.
  11. Exiled_On_Main_St

Exiled_On_Main_St Member

It’s decent yea. Although I’ve just sold it for individual chorus, trem and phaser as I didn’t like them in the pedal as much as I do in individual pedals.

12. bshields

bshields Member

Hunh, uve heard that people like the trem on it nearly the best. Mind telling me more about that? What replaced it?

13. Exiled_On_Main_St

Exiled_On_Main_St Member

I got a MXR Phase 90, Trem o Verb and a Julia Chorus.

Personally I find them better and easier to use. Although if you want something in an all in one package it’s perfectly good. Just not as good as individual pedals in my opinion.

People could be right about all that, but what works for them might not work for me, or you, or it might. If you like the look of it buy one. :)

bshields likes this.