• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Any love for the Bogner Shiva 20th?

MightyGuru

I love mine. The tones are excellent blues to metal tones. No OD pedals needed. A rock n roll beast with huge clean tones. The only problem I had with the amp was finding the "right" cab/speaker for my needs.

After that...wow.

reddog112

Gold Supporting Member
It seemed to be hot for awhile, and then they started popping up frequently on eBay and the Emporium. I haven't tried one, but that's not a good sign.
I noticed that also, the amp looks and sounds killer to me

frankencat

Guitarded
Gold Supporting Member
So seeing them for sale means they aren't good? I don't get that. Anyway, I just recently acquired one with a matching OS 2x12 and it is crazy crazy good. I am going to be selling off a whole mess of stuff to pay for it. I didn't really want to do that and I was happy with the amp I have been using but after trying this amp I am totally impressed. I have had two other older Shiva's and this is nothing like those. Don't get me wrong, those are GREAT amps but this is a whole 'nother level of tone and usability IMHO. This thing is like a 101b and a Shiva had sex and this was the result.

papersoul

Silver Supporting Member
I have a black, EL34 20th Anniversary Shiva and it is the best amp I have owned to date. I will say my VHT ST/50 is right there with it.

I can pull Fender tones out of this puppy with the bright switch, killer Plexi tones, JCM 800 tones, and modded Marshall tones. Heck, the amp is a modded Marshall when you think about it, only better!

The Boost function is SICK! Love how FAT this amp sounds, hard to stop playing once you start. I use a matching OS Bogner 212 cabinet with WGS Vet30 and ET65.

Only amp I would love to compare to is the Event Horizon because I hear such great things.

Shawnee

Silver Supporting Member
The 20th Shiva with KT88's is the best channel switcher I have ever heard. I played the standard Shiva and an Ecstacy that day but the 20th just floored me.

frankencat

Guitarded
Gold Supporting Member
I wanna try EL34's in this now. I have been playing it side by side with my Emplexador and the Emplex just has this killer sweet EL34 sound while the Bogner is bigger but also stiffer. I think if I could get a little of the EL34 goodness in there I could get really close to the magic that is happening in the TopHat. Man these are just two killer killer sounding amps. I am so blessed to have them both! :)

Telefied

Another Shiva 20th owner and I love this thing. I am running the stock KT88s and have see-sawed around the EL34 thing for a while. Deal is there is a rsistor thaths to be snipped in order to use the EL34s so once you go there getting back to KT88 is not an easy fix.

This is my fave channel switcher btw.

papersoul

Silver Supporting Member
I have the EL34 version and love it.....but the dirty channel is more important to me than the cleans although with the EL34s I still love the cleans. RockStarNick switched to the EL34s and much prefers it over the KT88s.

Red_Label

Silver Supporting Member
Ive owned 3 standard Shivas and like them better. More organic sounding to me

Can you clarify that? The 20th more sterile sounding? Cleans, OD, or both?

I ask because I do love my two year old EL34 Shiva, but I also like the looks and features of the 20th, so I have considered selling/trading my original model for the 20th in the past. But I don't have one around here to try out.

papersoul

Silver Supporting Member
Can you clarify that? The 20th more sterile sounding? Cleans, OD, or both?

I ask because I do love my two year old EL34 Shiva, but I also like the looks and features of the 20th, so I have considered selling/trading my original model for the 20th in the past. But I don't have one around here to try out.
I have played an EL34 20th Anniversary Shiva (mine) next to an older Shiva (friend's) and we preferred the new one with EL34s. Bigger, fatter, warmer, smoother. That's what I hear. My Egnater Mod 50 was much better than the older Shiva, the new Shivas kill. I hate KT88s so I won't even go there.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom