Any love for the Fat Sandwich?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Hugo Da Rosa, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Hugo Da Rosa

Hugo Da Rosa Silver Supporting Member

Just went to a local guitar shop in Berkeley, CA and tested out a Way Huge Fat Sandwich with a Relic Strat into a Deluxe Reverb. My goodness...this sucker SINGS!! I couldn't careless that it is being manufactured by Dunlop now...it is really one of the richest and sweetest sounding ODs I've plugged into. I don't really need that much gain on tap...but just about any arbitrary position you adjust the knobs to is a sweet spot. Even the guy that helped me out that day said "I'm about to pick one up before I leave work" after hearing it. Seriously a great pedal...going to pick one up once I get some money :). Anyone have any opinions on how the Pork Loin compares?

2. keto

keto Member

Bought a Pickle this week, a different animal I know....but after playing with it a bunch (see my thread here on Trifecta VS Swollen Pickle) and loving it, and after hearing the utube demos, I've been gassing for a Fattie myself.

Must

slow

down

buying

spree

that includes 4 pedals and a Ho attenuator in '09 already :mob

3. Brett Valentine

Brett Valentine Member

Pork Loin's a completely different animal!
    I didn't gel with the Fat Sandwich, but it's got a lot of tones in there. Truthfully, you could buy all three (Pork Loin, Fat Sandwich, Swollen Pickle) and not really overlap.

4. Stormbringer

Stormbringer Member

I Love mine! Excellent pedal that can do many types of distortions and one of the few which can really fatten up a Strat lead tone.

Because of its many options and range of the controls, it takes a lot of tweaking but it is a great pedal. Jeorg Tripps is truly a creative thinker.

5. Brett Valentine

Brett Valentine Member

+1! It really does take a lot of tweaking. I found useable tones in 2 pretty narrow settings, but it took a long time finding them, and there was a wide range between them.

6. Andre357

Andre357 Member

do you find they take up more real estate than say an etrernity or TS 808 or something ??

or does having the jacks on the top keep them about the same size ( from a board real estate standpoint ) if the question makes sense.

Thats one concern I've had....

but clips I've heard sound great on these things.

7. kldonegan

kldonegan Member

Mine dropped into a Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive spot and fit perfectly. Didn't need to re-wire anything. With the jacks on the side of an 808, it's about the same.

8. Andre357

Andre357 Member

thanks - thats good to know.

9. charmboy

charmboy Member

These look smaller to me in person than all the pics I've seen. Does that make sense? I'd like to try out the Pork Loin.

10. aaland_brian

aaland_brian Member

Amazing pedal, I have both fat sandwich, and swollen pickle and will strongly sugest setting aside a couple hours to get to know the internal trimmers on both pedals, really opens up a variety of sounds.