• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Any love for The Interrupters?

crambone

I cut my teeth on ska growing up and still rock it out today. These guys are making some good music lately and I will finally get a chance to see them live when they come to Tampa, FL in March.

Any other fans?

Jaddy

I’m a long time ska lover, I saw the Specials in 1981 and have loved it ever since (I’d never heard of it prior) and I must say, thanks for posting about this band, I’ve very much enjoyed what I’ve heard.

My favorite band was a Canadian group called Spinecracker, though there doesn’t seem to be any of their stuff on the internet.

crambone

I’m a long time ska lover, I saw the Specials in 1981 and have loved it ever since (I’d never heard of it prior) and I must say, thanks for posting about this band, I’ve very much enjoyed what I’ve heard.

My favorite band was a Canadian group called Spinecracker, though there doesn’t seem to be any of their stuff on the internet.
Dang, they aren't on Spotify (but there are songs called Spinecracker, lol!)

I'd loved to have seen The Specials during their heyday but I wasn't even born in 1981, hah. I came around the next year but I had a few Madness and Selectors albums on cassette tape that I used to listen to. Then, the "third wave" of ska/punk started taking off with No Doubt (at least their old-school stuff, nothing after Tragic Kingdom resembles much ska), The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Sublime, Rancid, etc. and I was hooked!

Jaddy

Hi Crambone,

I was lucky to see them, it was called ‘The Police Picnic’ in Oakville (a city outside Hamilton, Ontario) and there were several amazing bands featured (off the top of my head: The Police, Iggy Pop, the GoGo’s, Oingo Boingo, Killing Joke, the Payollas and Nash The Slash - the last 2 were the big Canadian acts on the bill). I went with a buddy (we were 16 years old) and both had the same reaction to the Specials: ‘What the hell is that, disco?’ We honestly had no idea coming from a rural area north of Toronto (I’d never even heard of reggae if you can believe that). I immediately started trying to figure out how to play ska and the passion for the music has never left. Canada has had some amazing ska, try and look for King Apparatus if you can and their bass player (who has produced numerous bands over the years) who goes by King Kong Girio. I think he’s the ska world’s hidden gem, I know there’s lots of his stuff on YouTube.

b80

YES!!! I'm hoping to catch their New Orleans show, next year. Great stuff! I saw that She's Kerosene was #7 on the billboard hot 100 last week (or a few week's ago maybe).

art_z

Gold Supporting Member
Loooove them, and I’m not really a ska guy buy they have a great sound. Need to see them when they swing by Philly

Fendegibs

Huge fan! Love the connection with Rancid and the Transplants, and that they cover Op Ivy stuff live. Very cool band.

mvsr990

I lived through the '90s """ska""" revival and had the checkerboard Vans to prove it, taking a hard pass on a fourth wave.

ultradust

They're loads of fun, and with one foot in the two-tone sound they're much more listenable to my ears than most of the overplayed 3rd wave stuff that came and went in the 1990s.

crambone

I lived through the '90s """ska""" revival and had the checkerboard Vans to prove it, taking a hard pass on a fourth wave.
I don't know if I would call this a "wave". Rather, I think of them as more of a one-off ska band in a sea of existing ones.

cap10kirk

I'm not much of a ska fan, but I really like The Interrupters. I saw them open for Rancid and Tim Timebomb and Friends, been hooked ever since.

inhaler

Saw them in Montreal last summer...killer show. My ska band covers a few of their songs and they always pack the dancefloor.

Trending Topics