Any love for the Peavey Classic 50?

quijiba

With all this talk of boutique amps, what about these great workhorses!? What great sound for the money!

Primakurtz

Lottsa love here lately. Do a little poking around...many threads.

You could make a ton of money from TGP'ers by selling re-badged C50s with different speakers swapped in.

itkindaworks

Silver Supporting Member
Lottsa love here lately. Do a little poking around...many threads.

You could make a ton of money from TGP'ers by selling re-badged C50s with different speakers swapped in.
I was thinking the same thing before I opened this. Too many threads on the classic 50 for not getting love here. BTW, I used to own a 50/410 and it was a great amp.:beer

Twangmaster

Got a couple of 2/12 classic 50's sitting right here.... one older one without a MV, another from the early 90's. I've owned quite a few amps over the years, and I've always come back to the Peaveys!

Great amp for a super price!

mr_sooty

Yeah there have actually been a fair few C50 love threads here lately. My 410 was a brilliant workhorse for 10 years. It remains the best gear purchase I ever made. So versatile, so reliable. Never so much as blew a fuse. It was a long search finding an amp to replace the C50 with. I eventually settled on the Dr Z Maz 18 210, which I think I love even more (although it has already blown a fuse), but the C50 retains it's happy place in my heart.

tennisplayer

I a/b'd this one against a Shiva Friday afternoon......bought it on the spot. Been playing it all weekend. I love it!

keith_t4e

Love the heads---fan cooled. They are the best amp Peavey has ever made not that there is a lot of competition for that. If Peavey should put some celestions in the combo. It would kill then.

tennisplayer

I was thinking of having my head recovered in something black to match my cab. OR, how about having the amp put into a new modern looking open head without the fan? What do you think?

Also thinking of getting a 112 cab from avatar with what speaker???? Eminence CR?

quijiba

glad to hear. it's a great amp and the 4x10 setup sounds enormous! reverb is also very nice sounding, in fact, better sounding than some of fender's new blackface reissues!

imo, the lead channel is a little trebly....

what's wrong with the stock speakers?

furry

I gigged and recorded extensively with a Classic 50 combo in the '90s. right out of the box, it sounds great, has plenty of volume, and is incredibly road-worthy.

Scott Auld

Administrator
Staff member
A band came through here about 2 years ago, I mixed sound for them and the lead guitar player brought a EJ Strat into a C50. Best sounding amp on stage that night IMHO.

Mad John

I wish Peavey would re-issue the Classic 50 and Classic 100 in head form.
I am thinking of selling my Black Peavey Classic 50 Head, if anyone is interested. Have not settled on a price and there is no handle of logo plate...otherwise it is in perfect condition and has never been on a gig...it is strictly a studio amp and it has very few hours on it.

PM me if interested. ;)

Trending Topics