Any Love for the Wampler Faux Tape Delay with tap

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by benderman, Apr 12, 2016.

1. benderman

benderman Member

Just picked up one a few days at Guitar Center so far I Love it,digging the slapback and longer delays,I'm a country player and i'm Loving it with my ole 69 Silverface Twin and my Tele's.Been using Wamplers pedals for quite a few years now he really knows his stuff,plus he's a great guy to deal with .

Z Tone likes this.
  2. benderman

benderman Member

Bump,no one using this pedal ??

3. WhoJamFan

WhoJamFan Supporting Member

Loved the older non tap tempo model I had. Was my main delay until the Belle Epoch came out.

4. halfmanhalfgear

halfmanhalfgear Member

Yes, this is a great pedal! I only sold mine because like the documentation states: longer time delays sounds can sound a bit 'experimental', and I was looking for something that sounded 'cleaner' with longer delay times.

Having the dedicated tap tempo switch was a very useful addition when playing live (I had Wampler's Faux Analog Delay before without this feature) and I'm not usually the type to even use tap tempo!

I have always found Wampler stuff to be some of the finest around and they have a great customer care policy too.

Peace,

Rob.

5. delay dude

delay dude Member

This. The first version was unique. The modulation is envelope controlled. It sounds much more like an old tape echo, than many other pedals out there.

WhoJamFan likes this.
  6. benderman

benderman Member

Keep em' coming friends thanks so much

7. Memphistokid

Memphistokid Member

Got mine during the holidays last year. It sounds great with my LP doing faux country fills. We play some trippy psychedelic songs and it does that well too. I'm not a big delay guy but overall, I love this pedal. I generally use it for shorter delay times but I love how longer delays times can get a little dirty. Shade knob is great!

8. ndtealmusic

ndtealmusic Member

I really liked it for a dark, washy delay with the "faux tape reel" on. I need to pick up another.

9. Seth L

Seth L Silver Supporting Member

I keep mine on a sort of Eric Johnson setting. Once I turn it on, I never want to turn it off. It was well worth the price for just that.

stratoquack likes this.
  10. rummy

rummy Member

Sold it, because I stopped using it after Echo Puss.

11. papersun

papersun Member

great sounding delay, mine always had just a smidge of noise when on, so I ditched it.

12. SpiritShooter

SpiritShooter Supporting Member

Sold mine because it's too noisy for me.

13. heyrobscott

heyrobscott Member

I too sold mine because of noise, there was a hint of noise when engaged that you would probably never notice at gig volumes or probably even most amps in most other situations, but as I played a high wattage clean headroom amp at home, the noise floor was something I could never get over.

That being said, I miss it dearly because it sounded incredible and I've yet to be able to make my Timeline sound as good.