any mod to reduce H&K Rotosphere' s noise ?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by marmelade sky, Sep 8, 2008.

1. marmelade sky

marmelade sky Member

I was just wondering if anyone around knows about a mod to make Hugues &Kettner Rotosphere less noisy ?

otherwise , do you know any tech who's done succesfull works on the rotosphere to settle that issue ?

2. marmelade sky

marmelade sky Member

no one around who tried to settle that noise issue on their Rotosphere ?

3. gillibi

gillibi Supporting Member

You need a clean boost going into the imput. So crank the clean boost and keep the Rotosphere output volume lower.

I had pedalboards.com finally make me a true bypass loop with a built in clean boost. Previously used a Keeley TB loop and Zoom PD-01 and that worked very well too.

4. fuzzface71

fuzzface71 Supporting Member

I've been using one off and on for atleast 4 years and I'm still searching for that noise.

5. George Adelson

George Adelson Member

I only had the noise problem going into the front end of my amp. It's dead quiet in the effects loop of my Custom Audio OD-50. Don't know of any mods.

6. Angle Loss

Angle Loss Member

If you are using it in front of an amp, you have to raise the input drive control and balance volume with the output. No need for a booster in front, this does the same thing. Effects Loops usually have a higher signal level which helps the pedal with the signal to noise ratio.

7. tumbador

tumbador Member

Hello Gillibi,

I'm having a similar problem with mine, can you show me the model of that particular true bypass? it still working for you?

thanks

charles

8. gillibi

gillibi Supporting Member

It was a custom job they did for me. Just a stereo true bypass loop w/their clean boost on the "Send" of the loop.