Any more Modfactor Reveiws ?

rreiser

Silver Supporting Member
Now that the Modfactors been out for a week or so what are your thoughts ? Can it do a great tremelo ? Thanks

starfish

I'll do clips today. Any requests?
Hey Lou, I always love your clips! I'm interested in hearing as much as you're willing to make, but since it appears to be a deep pedal, if you can cover as much of what is missing from the Eventide demo that would be great. I'd love to hear the BiPhase setting and Univibe preset. A run through the flanger modes too.

I haven't bought a Modfactor yet and was really disappointed when they pulled Polymod at the last minute. They claimed they ran out of room, but Polymod was on the original brochure and Namm demo. It is one of Eventide's very best algos IMO.

I suggested Eventide make a special firmware version so that you could load only Polymod and nothing else, kind of a one-time deal that they wouldn't have to update again. I have yet to hear a reply about that. But I must say, from what I've heard so far, the pedal sounds really good.

lv

Silver Supporting Member
Hey Lou, I always love your clips! I'm interested in hearing as much as you're willing to make, but since it appears to be a deep pedal, if you can cover as much of what is missing from the Eventide demo that would be great. I'd love to hear the BiPhase setting and Univibe preset. A run through the flanger modes too.

I haven't bought a Modfactor yet and was really disappointed when they pulled Polymod at the last minute. They claimed they ran out of room, but Polymod was on the original brochure and Namm demo. It is one of Eventide's very best algos IMO.

I suggested Eventide make a special firmware version so that you could load only Polymod and nothing else, kind of a one-time deal that they wouldn't have to update again. I have yet to hear a reply about that. But I must say, from what I've heard so far, the pedal sounds really good.
The univibe preset is great because it was written by a really smart, toneful guy ;)

The coolest thing other than the tone is the update utility - amazing! Like getting a new pedal, the changes can be that drastic.

I'll do a clip of each preset.

raginghonkies

The univibe preset is great because it was written by a really smart, toneful guy ;)

The coolest thing other than the tone is the update utility - amazing! Like getting a new pedal, the changes can be that drastic.

COOL ! looking forwads to listen to the univibe and Tremolo stuff ! :)

Alex Law

Hahah! Are you the "Lou" in Lou-nivibe? It's a great preset, man!

Army of BONO

I got mine on Friday. I posted this review on the HC forums so I'll just paste it here. I'm still playing with it, but it's a keeper that's for sure. Only thing I'm not crazy about is doing wah with the Line 6 pedal I'm using, but I could probably get used to it. Not a fault of Eventide at all.

Let me preface this by saying that i'm by no means an effects expert and haven't tried a ton of boutique modulation effects. I've had a vintage Ross phaser, a Red Witch Moon phaser, and currently have a Mojo Vibe and MM-4. I've tinkered some others too, but I can't really do a head to head so to speak except for the MM4. Here's my inital impression of the thing.

Like I said earlier, it can do so much more than the MM-4. The effects are very hi-fi sounding. I haven't had the chance to play with any other Eventide gear, but judging by this I can imagine where they get their reputation.

Each effect can be adjusted by the type control. The chorus for instance has liquid, organic, shimmer. They each give it a different type of sound. Then you can further shape that with the wave control which can make it sine, triangle, square, ramp (when it hits the peak of the modulation cycle it repeats from the beginning again), random, envelope, expression pedal contol of the "sweep" and a couple of others. These vary slightly from effect to effect. Like with the Line 6, you can also assign the exp pedal to control one parameter or a bunch of them. Then there are three more knobs that control an additional LFO which can by mixed in and can make all kinds of crazy space ship noises.

You can save 40 presets in the unit and it isn't hard at all to navigate through them. You get 20 different banks, which each have two presets available by using either of the other two switches. I think they show that in the youtube video posted above. According to the manual you can put it into true bypass mode although I haven't tried it yet. Another neat feature changes the speed control from being adjusted in Hz to being adjusted to beats like 4 bars, 2 bars, 1/4 notes and the like. You can then use the tap tempo and you can have it modulate in time with your playing. Every effect can be done in stereo.

I definitely didn't cover everything there. Very worth the money in my opinion. If you're an fx cork sniffer it might not be your cup of tea, but it covers lots of ground without a big footprint. It's maybe 3/4 the size of the Line 6 pedal. Sounds a lot nicer to my ears as well. I have to play with it some more but that's my impression after 2 hours or so.

Alex Law

If you're an fx cork sniffer it might not be your cup of tea
But then again, it might. :)

I've been through literally thousands of dollars worth of boutique pedals in the past few years (as have many of you), and Eventide's new stompboxes feel like such a relief. Finally someone did it right.

Love my new setup.

lv

Silver Supporting Member
If you're an fx cork sniffer it might not be your cup of tea, but it covers lots of ground without a big footprint.
Really? I think it sounds just as good as many of the high end effects I've owned. How do you like it compared to your vibe?

JimiB

I've been through literally thousands of dollars worth of boutique pedals in the past few years (as have many of you), and Eventide's new stompboxes feel like such a relief. Finally someone did it right.

Love my new setup.
+5000 my two delay with multi out tap tem[po went away - allthough I may use it so I have a single tap between the time factor and the modfactor -

The modfactor is killer - I just spent an hour with it - chorus is always a tuff sell for me and the chorus sounds are great - same with the phasers, flangers, vibes, and rotary speaker sounds. LOVE it!

Trending Topics