Any Neunaber Immerse MKII fans?

Sammicus15

Silver Supporting Member
Been thinking about checking it out. I’m looking for a simple stereo reverb that can get nice and lush. I’ve tried the following and they just didn’t do it for me:

Flint
Empress Reverb
Avalanche Run
Both Hall of Fames
BigSky (too complicated for me)
Boss RV-5 and 6

I know there’s been more but that’s what comes to mind. The Immerse seems like it could be what I’m looking for, but I’ve never tried any Neunaber stuff.

downburst82

I have one on my big board along side of a GFI Skylar Reverb.

I've owned or tried the others you mentioned and for a simple stereo verb the Immerse MKII is one of the best. My second recommendation would be...you guessed it.. The GFI Skylar reverb!
It sounds amazing ( maybe even a little better IMO) and is also very simple to use. I do have to do occasional menu diving to adjust things but the screen makes things pretty easy to navigate.

Tweedledee

Silver Supporting Member
The Immerse MKII will definitely deliver on your requirements of simple, stereo, and lush. I keep it on the wet or plate settings most of the time to deliver exactly what you’re describing. As a bonus, the infinite drone you can get on the sustain mode is fantastic. If I have any complaints it’s that the standard spring mode is underwhelming, IMHO.

pale fire

Silver Supporting Member
Yeah it is a good pedal. I only sold mine because I only need a very simple hall reverb and the pedal was overkill. Met the owner of the company at NAMM. Wasn’t the most outgoing chap but has a passion for what he does.

Guitarmoog

Simple stereo reverb that can get nice and lush is really something Neunaber excels at. :)
Exactly this. The W3T and Hall algos are particularly lush. The shimmer, which is more strings-like than choir-like IMV, is exceptional, not least because with 4 controls you can tweak the rise time, octave blend, and sustain, as well as the overall wet-dry mix.

AlmostWorldClass

Gold Supporting Member
Love my Immerse MkII. Great for ambient style guitar and very adjustable. Wet and Hall modes are my favorites.

Last edited:

CaptainAwesome

It definitely is a stupid username
I have had one on my board for 2+ years now - it sounds great and offers versatility without complexity...highly recommended.

Baelzebeard

I use one on my stereo board. It sounds fabulous. I keep it on full time with mild settings, but once in a while I dial it up and it sounds huge and sweet.

MBT74

Great sounding reverb. Be aware that you will lose some signal volume when the mix gets past maybe 2:00 on the dial.

It’s a proper mix knob on the MKII so it’s not like the Boss RV-6 where the dry signal retains its volume as you increase the reverb mix. The MKII does proper 100% wet.

Produktsumme

Funkensprühender Feuerregen
Platinum Supporting Member
I use a Wet V1 and V2 Stereo a lot. They are just plug and play, integrate in a way with your guitar tone that no Strymon ever even attempted to do, and just do their job. Love Neunaber.

Sammicus15

Silver Supporting Member
I use a Wet V1 and V2 Stereo a lot. They are just plug and play, integrate in a way with your guitar tone that no Strymon ever even attempted to do, and just do their job. Love Neunaber.
I cannot for the life of me bond with any Strymon product. I've owned several and you hit the nail on the head.

Tung-Sol Tube

I’m a MKI user, but there is some overlap with the MKII algos. The hall, plate, and Wet are excellent. As others mentioned, the spring is quite poor at emulating a Fender tank.

The shimmer, delay, and detune are also nice. The latter 2 are quite underrated, at least compared to the lauded Wet/W3t algo.

Been thinking about checking it out. I’m looking for a simple stereo reverb that can get nice and lush. I’ve tried the following and they just didn’t do it for me:

Flint
Empress Reverb
Avalanche Run
Both Hall of Fames
Boss RV-5 and 6

I know there’s been more but that’s what comes to mind. The Immerse seems like it could be what I’m looking for, but I’ve never tried any Neunaber stuff.
Using mine for years. Small box, stereo in and outs. In addition to that it has many nice reverb sounds, the only pity that it has no possibility to save presets, or at least a favorite one. Also worth to consider the Flint as well. A bit bigger, but with a favorite switch you can save a preset. Besides it has a nice tremolo side too.

Liko

Flint
Empress Reverb
Avalanche Run
Both Hall of Fames
Boss RV-5 and 6

Have it, love it:
index.php

In combination with the Avalanche Run and onboard amp reverbs, the Immerse's most unique trick in this chain is the Shimmer mode, and that's its most common setting. The Spring, Plate and Neunaber's signature "Wet" algorithm are also really good and see regular use. The Spring isn't "drippy", to Ryan Burke's (60 Cycle Hum YT channel) dismay, but it's still very surfy.

With the Illumine released last year, same basic algos but a preset-based Arduino UX that is the complete antithesis to the Immerse's very analog-like UI, Immerse prices went down about 20-30 bucks, but I haven't priced one since the Russia-Ukraine war so you probably know their cost better than I.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom