• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Any new thoughts on the Seriously Special Twosome?

ajoel32

Silver Supporting Member
Just curious to know any new thoughts on this pedal. I've got a good amount of fuzz (Hoof, Sunface, Sunbender, PTD Mini-Bone, LMD). I'm trying to sort out if this will bring anything new to the fuzz palette, or is it just fuzz GAS?

Greaser

I had a regular Twosome that I regret selling. I loved the Fix'd side, but didn't use the Musket side as much. I think the Blunderbuss Musket would be more to my liking, so I'd like to try out the SSTwosome sometime.

Seriously, the Fix'd fuzz is killer!

wundergussy

Silver Supporting Member
Your Hoof and Minibone should do what the SST does with the exception of being able to switch between the order of stacking on the fly. It is an awesome pedal but, given what you have, I'd only buy if you a) want to downsize a few of you current fuzzes and/or b) want to buy one before they are gone and possibly go up in value.

Don't forget: you can buy one today for 15% off!

carltonh

I just ordered the SST with the $40 off coupon, so quick questions I haven't seen addressed:

Is there any meaningful and describably different tones from using 12v, 15v, or 18v vs. 9v?

Some demo tones get pretty close to trombone tones recently popularized and perfected by the Mini-Bone. Any recommended setting to maximize this?

thesooze

For what it's worth I got the Mini Bone v2 and Fix'd fuzz around the same time. After playing both a bit, I sold the Bone and kept the Fix'd.

I found the lack of tone shaping on the Mini Bone very limiting / frustrating.

The Fix'd gets extremely glitchy too, but in a less horn sounding way. It's more like dying battery / lofi glitchy.

Both do well, but I have more fun with the Fix'd.

ajoel32

Silver Supporting Member
I just ordered the SST with the $40 off coupon, so quick questions I haven't seen addressed:

Is there any meaningful and describably different tones from using 12v, 15v, or 18v vs. 9v?

Some demo tones get pretty close to trombone tones recently popularized and perfected by the Mini-Bone. Any recommended setting to maximize this?
Is there a $40 coupon code?

Goo Fighters

For what it's worth I got the Mini Bone v2 and Fix'd fuzz around the same time. After playing both a bit, I sold the Bone and kept the Fix'd.

I found the lack of tone shaping on the Mini Bone very limiting / frustrating.

The Fix'd gets extremely glitchy too, but in a less horn sounding way. It's more like dying battery / lofi glitchy.
Good to know. I've got a Bone Machine and that's exactly the sound I'm looking for to complement it. I haven't experienced any frustration or feeling limited by the Bone, however. Is the Fix'd thin sounding when it's lo-fi and glitchy?

thesooze

Good to know. I've got a Bone Machine and that's exactly the sound I'm looking for to complement it. I haven't experienced any frustration or feeling limited by the Bone, however. Is the Fix'd thin sounding when it's lo-fi and glitchy?
The great thing about the Fix'd Fuzz is the ability to remove stages of the pedal you don't want. So you can use the filter or not -- and it's quite effective at thinning out or beefing up the sound. It does the extremes well and everything in between. You can also add gain with the boost switch engaged, or even straighten out the glitch sound with the Fuzz 1 knob. I love it.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom