Any new wah's

gbsmusic

In the market for a new wah and figured I'd start a new thread to see where people are at and if there is anything new thats worth checking out. Whats you favorate?

gbsmusic

Teese has some revisions of his pedals (the ones with knobs up front). He also has the eq wah.
I saw that one. Geoffrey says its the greatest, I called him about it. No stores have it in stock to check it out. Its also $268 and that hurts a little.

drolling

It's a funny thing; With guys like Geof Teese & Dan at Area 51, the wah has pretty much been perfected

Sure, you'll burn thru' pots/switches every few years, but as long as there's a steady supply.. no problem

And guys like Dave Fox have come up with cool new buffer designs, so the noise issues that plagued Hendrix are a thing of the distant past, too

We've also got builders finally making 'vibe & fuzzface clones now, as well

These pedals, in pretty much their current form, were around way back in '69. What's new is that you don't have to be best freind's with Roger Mayer to get one! And that's the best news I've had since I picked up the guitar at 14. What a great & wonderful time to be a gearhead!!

Magicpad

I love my Plutoneium chi-wah-wah
+1

It's totally different from any other wah you've ever played, so it takes a little getting used to. But wow... the sound is amazing and the tonal options are endless.

JUSTJOB

My favorite wah pedals ever are the Fulltone wahs, both the Clyde, and the Clyde Deluxe! Simply awesome tone, sweet sweep, rugged design, I just love them!

loudif

I've heard a lot of complaints about the pots going bad fast. I've heard its a great sounding wah though.
I recently got a BBE. Sounds great and it has just enough tweak-ability for me. Hope my pot doesn't go, but if it does, they do have solid customer service at BBE IME.

gbsmusic

It's a funny thing; With guys like Geof Teese & Dan at Area 51, the wah has pretty much been perfected

Sure, you'll burn thru' pots/switches every few years, but as long as there's a steady supply.. no problem

And guys like Dave Fox have come up with cool new buffer designs, so the noise issues that plagued Hendrix are a thing of the distant past, too

We've also got builders finally making 'vibe & fuzzface clones now, as well

These pedals, in pretty much their current form, were around way back in '69. What's new is that you don't have to be best freind's with Roger Mayer to get one! And that's the best news I've had since I picked up the guitar at 14. What a great & wonderful time to be a gearhead!!
Well said!!!!!!

muddy

i'd really like to try that new t-rex gull wah. it LOOKS kool as shite, & it sounds pretty good in 1 of the dems, though it's a gear convention clip...

ml

chase1410

I'm happy with my Budda Wah..I've had two crybaby's before the Budda..(original and classic), and IMO the Budda kills em, if you like a warm and creamy wah..reacts better to dirt as well..I've also heard and read that the Wilson wah's are incredible as well..

Trending Topics