Any news about Fuchs Train 45?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by pureoldsound, Apr 29, 2005.

1. pureoldsound

pureoldsound Member

They were supposed to be out on May now they have postponed it until June.....I know they are working on clips, anyone has new info on the amp????

FWIW I am aware of the new website, read the info, there is also a drawing of the front pannel....Simple and cool the LED on the Train.....

Any news let me know....

2. Tom Gross

Tom Gross Supporting Member

3. trisonic

trisonic Member

Andy replied to me that that amp would be the first of the new amps out - however he also said he was going through a horrendous move of location right now.

Best, Pete.

4. IPlayHamers

IPlayHamers Member

I have been VERY interested in this amp myself. I've always wanted a Wreck, but they are way outta my price range.

It's nice to see someone addressing the Trainwreck circuit, especially since there are so many Dumble, Plexi and Tweed clones around.

Thanks Andy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. pureoldsound

pureoldsound Member

6. Boomer

Boomer Member

Andy and family are on vacation this week and next week is the move to the new manufacturing facility, so it'll be a couple of weeks for clips, I'd think.

There are still a couple of people at the shop. If you have questions, give 'em a call.

7. pureoldsound

pureoldsound Member

Thanks for the info, I was hopping to listen to some clips sooner than that though....I guess we'll have to wait... I know they are working on them at Nashville. At least that is the info I got about 2 weeks ago (If I remember correctly)

8. scottl

scottl Member

Try contacting Voodoo Greg. He was doing the clips and he could also tell you about his thoughts on the amp. I have not played it btw.

Scott

9. pureoldsound

pureoldsound Member

Thanks Scott, I called a couple of weeks ago and they were doing so last tweaks to the amp….I thought you were involved on this project though. I’ll contact voodoogreg and ask him about it…..Thanks

10. Fuchsaudio

Fuchsaudio Member

Back from vacay (can I have one more Pina Colada please?!?!?!) lol. :)

Here's a few bullet points: Although sometimes it seems like it, Scott Lerner is not involved with everything we build ! (lol). While I value Scott's ears and playing skills, it seemed obvious this wasn't something that would be a fit to his playing style.

For the Train project (and some trickle down engineering to the L-7 and BJ-21) , I actually enlisted the help of some trusted forumites and friends, (who can step forward with their thoughts if they wish). Since some have existing friendships with other amp builders etc, they may chose not to. Fuchs staff member Richie Carnese (who's got a great ear for vintage Marshall tones) has helped locally. The evolving proto's have bounced between the other three guys, as have their e-mailed comments and suggestions. As most are not technical, it was my job to translate their verbal comments into circuit changes. When offers of involvement with the original designer were declined, I decided this project would become a proactive amp design project, and I feel strongly that the final result (and delays) will prove worth it.

I wanted truly objective ideas and opinions on the amps, "outside the box" of my own ears and opinions. As a result, we have a hard/soft switch (for adding a switchable tube-rectifier-like power supply sag), a three position brite switch, and a few other voicing tidbits from real Wreck owners, as well as owners/players of competing amps like Komets and Ruby's. I wanted this to be the best it could be for what it's intended to be.

Gregg offered to provide some high quality studio grade clips, and we're all looking forward to them. He's a busy guy with studio commitments and family responsibilities, so I've not pressured him on this.

The new shop is now painted snow-white, a floor plan is now designed, and the next step is installing lighting and power to the benches and burn racks, then finally work furniture. A gradual transition from the current shop to new shop should (hopefully) make the switch fairly transparent to shipping products, and be complete by end of May.

Yes, realistically late May early June on Trains and the Blackjack/Lucky's. Besides a few supplier delays, the TDS's are just starting to come off the line, and the Trains should follow, since they share the same chassis bottom plate (with new board, fronts and backs) and same cabinets as the ODS's. I'm really optimistic that increasing the shop space and staffing should really get things rocking !

Welcome back....now get to work.

:dude

11. voodoogreg

voodoogreg Member

Hey, just a quick snap shot on the train project I have been very happy now to be involved on the beta testing of his amp on a couple of occation's, and from the get go it was an inspiring amp.

Basically it's very wreck, like in all the thing's we like about wreck's.
    early on i did make it point to tell andy what i do and don't like about some TW's. I love the way express's lock into a track but can be bright with some ax's. the dark SW came on the next beta
    amp, along with other tweek's I suggested and others too.

I felt strongly the amp had to go else were then just TW territory
    and it has that in spades with a simple switch can become a darker, sweeter amp, with a hint of fuch's mid's that is perfect for strats, or humbucker tones that fusion player's could be happy with.
    I had always been a point to point amp guy and really figured I would hate this amp when andy kindly asked my input on it.
    it has a super rich harmonic texture and envolope to the note's and when set on "kill" has that wonderful almost uncontrolable response, and bloom.
    So much for all PCP board's sucking ;)

anyway not to get to much into the amp other then andy quiet out of the blue has become a real friend took my opinion's seriously,
    and did not just "settle" for a wreck clone, but gives you that plus
    more. you just have to wait to hear your's into a fine 4X12 cab!

CLIPS: without giving a clip build up only to hear the endless comment on is it is, or is it not,, or the damage MP3 format's do to an amp; I have done 4 clip's at curb nashville and will soon be tracking a very short semi live band instrumental at belmont mall,
    here in bloomington (owned by one J mellancamp)
    I think these will speak for the amp undoctored(believe me this is hard, after kevin shirley turned me on to PV's komos) clean, dirty, hum's, singles. what you hear is what it is.

And I really want to say thank you to andy for hanging with me during a hard yr when my mom passed and back fall when I almost did the same...
    Love to you brother..... VDG

12. Boomer

Boomer Member

Hey Greg, how about a little clue on the difference between running it with EL34's and 6V6's?

TIA

13. Robroy

Robroy Member

Hey Andy,

The only request I would like make is for a "standby" switch on the new low powered models such as the Lucky 7. I use some low powered amps live and always wish I had a "standby" switch instead of powering the amp off. Thanks for a wonderful amp line.

Peace,
    Robroy

14. jokerjkny

jokerjkny Member

great!

his basement was getting MIGHTY tight down there. surprised he was able to make as many amps as he could.

andy,

any info on locale?

15. rh

rh Robo Sapien Noise Maker Gold Supporting Member

I wonder what that conversation went like. <wink>

16. pureoldsound

pureoldsound Member

I think Andy posted on TW thread that he asked, but there was no answer, so I take that as a NO I guess.....

17. shallbe

shallbe Deputy Plankspanker Gold Supporting Member

So..............

I understand this is a Tranwreck-inspired amp, and I bet with Greg's help it will sound good. What I don't understand is the use of part of someone else's name in the model of the amp. The Train 45? Come on. If the amp sounds good and authentic, this is not needed. It will sell on it's own merits. It could be called the Soprano 45 and folks seeking that tone would buy it. Any KF "inspired by" amp called Wreck, Train, Express, Ken Fisher, etc. seems wrong to me without consent. Just like someome starting a company similar to yours and calling it Fuchs-o-tone.

You ask for involvement. You get no response/no participation in the product, but you use part of their name as an identifier to sell the amp? Unnecessary and a poor start, IMO.

18. Fuchsaudio

Fuchsaudio Member

Robroy: At this point the two low budget amps do not have standby switches as a budgetary move. We did choose to include bass-middle-and high controls, not found in similar amps by our competition instead. Hope you don't mind :)

JokerNY: In Bloomfield, about .5 miles from the home office. We'll be biking it when the weather warms up. Thanks to outsourcing and subcontracting, we did amazingly well in the home shop. Problem now is simply no place for people, parts, shipping/packing materials etc. My wife didn't like the livingroom as a staging area for our overseas shipment neither.....:(

shallbe: I appreciate the sentiment, but consider it as somewhat of a "tip of the hat" to the designer. Instead of letting internet rumors and hearsay get out of control, we put the DNA source right out front.

Oddly, I tried contacting KF (and someone else.....too) in the 80's (right when he started to fall ill), and my answering machine messages were left unanswered. Fast forward to today: A mutual friend called and told him I was interested in working with him, and my shop is "twenty minutes from your home". He's obviously still not interested.

19. pureoldsound

pureoldsound Member

Well I guess it is a marketing strategy to make it more attractive.

I was just answering one question about the Original designer involvement with this project, and I used the response posted by the builder on a TW thread. I should have used “” …………

I see your point of using a name or similar to name your products. I guess it seems unfair in a way, but the amp is no longer in production, there will be no more of it (unless Komet and Ken makes a RI, which I think it would sell and be a great idea)…I am not trying to make up an excuse for it (that will be rationalization), just looking it as why we see so many amps called plexi, deluxe, DC 30, BC 30, etc……I guess they need to used those names to refer to a particular known amp, plus most of those models are no longer made…..Above all I guess it is just marketing…..

20. wsaraceni

wsaraceni Member

so when do the factory tours start. i did the PRS factory tour. A fuchs one seems kinda nice too. :D