Any news on the Memory Lane II?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by justonwo, Mar 18, 2008.

1. justonwo

justonwo Member

I'm patiently waiting. :)

Has anyone heard any updates? I see that musictoyz expects an order of them in mid-March . . . but here we are.

2. drolling

drolling Member

Why not ask Mike Knappe @ Diamond? He's always been very quick to respond to my e-mails - even from his hotel room at the NAMM convention in California..

That new boost/EQ pedal looks killer too. Time for more Diamond pedals

3. justonwo

justonwo Member

Good suggestion. I did email Mike and haven't heard back.

4. mingo

mingo Member

this is from a friend at diamond, a week ago.

"The Memory Lane 2 is going to begin shipping in about 3-4 weeks- the first batch is being split between 5 dealers, including one in Canada. Suggested retail pricing for the Memory Lane 2 is $649 Canadian- we've added a bunch of new features including some we haven't mentioned on our website yet. In addition to the delay time expression control, dotted 8th note tap mode, and Delay1/Delay2 toggling (totally independent delay times) we've also added a 'slap' mode where you can assign one of the delays to have a single repeat while the other is set using the Feedback knob as you normally would. We've also made a change to the Feedback circuit and filters to make the pedal less prone to self oscillation. However, we know that some players are really into that so we've put a jumper inside that activates what we're currently calling 'spaceship mode' where the pedal will oscillate more easily for doing those trippy, runaway delay sounds."

5. drolling

drolling Member

Ahh, that sounds too cool! Thanks for posting!!

I'm pretty happy with mine (#0008) but I have been waiting on a Toneczar Echoczar since July of 2005. Very tempted to just pick up an ML2 instead - doesn't hurt that it's cheaper too.

6. awallace

awallace Member

7. KennyM

KennyM Supporting Member

Hmm... two delays? Does this have a true stereo output?

8. justonwo

justonwo Member

Well, I reluctantly sold my ML 1 with mods (dotted 1/8 included) to fund a ML 2. I have one on pre-order, so hopefully it will arrive soon . . . there's a great big hole in my board.

9. minjason

minjason Member

looking forward to some clips of this!