Any non shredders using jazz picks?

Absolutely not a shredder here. I love Jazz III sized picks. I have pretty small fingers so full sized picks feel really awkward in my hands, and I think Jazz III's are actually great for strumming and you can go back and pick individual notes in a ringing chord with real nice ease and clarity.

dennis1077

Absolutely not a shredder here. I love Jazz III sized picks. I have pretty small fingers so full sized picks feel really awkward in my hands, and I think Jazz III's are actually great for strumming and you can go back and pick individual notes in a ringing chord with real nice ease and clarity.

I think THAT'S why I like them so much. I have small fingers so a smaller pick makes sense. I feel like there's no going back to regular picks now.

Slo Lerner

I am definitely not a jazz player or a shredder but I love the Cool brand jazz picks. I tried them in the first place because of the texture. I love tortex picks but I drop them too easily. Anyway, I didn’t know that the picks I was trying out were jazz picks but once I tried them, I love the sound. I don’t really know what constitutes a jazz pick but I assume that sharp tip has some to do with it. I play them more than my purple tortex now

Benny

Platinum Supporting Member
I like them, and play a lot of soul jazz, Stax-type stuff, etc. I’ve almost entirely switched over to Jazz iii’s if I’m not just using my fingers. Still prefer a standard shaped pick for acoustic strumming.

3waytie4last

Mumbler
Platinum Supporting Member
jazzlg50__27763.1303349119.220.220.jpg

bow-down-worthy.gif

catback

Silver Supporting Member
Another Jazz pick fan - anyone else using these?

Attachments

• 8314D4BB-6E9A-4307-85BE-C22EE4F22724.jpeg
    8314D4BB-6E9A-4307-85BE-C22EE4F22724.jpeg
    44.1 KB · Views: 9

bikeracr

Silver Supporting Member
I’m neither a jazzer or shredder, but tried them on a whim a few years ago and was instantly converted. I found the allowed me to play fast runs more easily and much cleaner. I have tried a handful of other picks, but keep coming back to them.

Guitar pete

I recently gave Dunlop Jazz Picks a try and I love them. I've always thought of Jazz Picks as being a tool to achieve fast picking. Speed is not my style.....at all....yet I've inexplicably taken to the mighty jazz pick. Surely I'm not alone? Any other non shredders using the jazz pick?
Dunlop jazz picks are excellent

Junco Partner

I’m not a jazzer or a shredder at all, but I love Jazz III for the ability to “dig in” on simple, sloppy Neil Youngish lead playing. Double stops, slow dissonant unison bends, pinch harmonics, riding one note and shaking it for all it’s worth, etc. The Jazz III makes it feel like you’ve got the precision control of your fingers right on the strings, but still gives that sharp pick attack. I do tend to wear down my index fingernail with them, due to my tendency to dig in a little too sloppy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

socalscott

Since the 90's on the Jazz 3's most of the time. I wanted the grip, but stayed for the flesh tone. There's more clarity in chords, less gainy, so there's more bloom with grind or saturated settings. Offers even attack/tone with hybrid finger or Claw picking.
It was once pointed out that something was different about my tone. Dude observed that along with the pick, I simultaneously use my index finger tip to varying degrees. So yeah, I guess I'm not keen on a harsh attack, unless I'm chugging or wanting quicker attack.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom