• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Any Oceanefx Pearl Drive users?

playthecray

Silver Supporting Member
I am strongly considering the Oceanefx Pearl Drive as the final piece to my overdrive needs. I currently have a Zendrive and TIM that I love. I stack the Zendrive into the TIM and get a lot of excellent low to medium gain tones. I am looking for an overdrive with slightly more gain that I can place in front of the Zendrive, but will ultimately stack well and compliment my other pedals. I play through a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe with a Les Paul or Strat.

The overdrive considerations are: Pearl Drive, Blackstone, Cranked AC, Screwdriver deluxe, Xotic BB Preamp, or Eternity E6. The other thought is maybe a fuzz pedal, like an analogman sunface or peppermint fuzz. Thanks.

Marc Roy

I have a Pearl Drive and love it. Every time I try a different pedal, I keep coming back to this one, so I pretty much gave up on other pedals. I love how responsive and smooth it is. It's an absolute steal for the price. Corby could definitely jack the price up by $100 and it would still be a bargain. Sounds great with both humbuckers and single coils too.

strattitude

I love it too. I agree om it's responsiveness.

It cleans up well with guitars volume control, but looses some brightness.

But great and versatile pedal. More versatile than BB Preamp.

sodapopinski

I have a Pearl Drive and love it. Every time I try a different pedal, I keep coming back to this one, so I pretty much gave up on other pedals. I love how responsive and smooth it is. It's an absolute steal for the price. Corby could definitely jack the price up by $100 and it would still be a bargain. Sounds great with both humbuckers and single coils too.
what other type of OD would you compare it to as sounding similar?

ford

Modz
Staff member
Well let's not go crazy... I like the price where it is...ha...I want to get the small box version...

bford

guitarb

Silver Supporting Member
You guys are giving me serious gas. i just bought one from a fellow TGP'r and waiting for it!

Trending Topics